Thinking of a Monte Carlo, opinions?

AM6_Cutlass

You know some people might say the montes are worse looking than the cutlass'. Personally I like the looks of both but the interior of the monte carlo's is no where near as nice as the cutlass.

You know some people might say the montes are worse looking than the cutlass'. Personally I like the looks of both but the interior of the monte carlo's is no where near as nice as the cutlass.

Yeah, Monte's interiors are a little spartan for what the car is.

Robby

The one thing I never cared for about the 95+ Monte and Lumina is that they made the car longer on both the front and rear, but never extended the wheelbase. The Monte has this big long pointy front, but the wheel is right up next to the door with a whole lot more front end extending ahead of the front wheel. Looks kinda weird. Am I the only person that ever noticed the wheelbase is too short for the length of the car? I think the Monte has got to be over 200" long but the wheelbase is still 107.5".

Just one of those things that bugs me... like when you see a person whose eyes look too close together.

I think the 95' style Monte Carlo SS's look 10x better the a cuttlass coupe or sedan I even like the lumina's with monte front and rear ends.

dude the only montes that got the ss option where the LS's that the dealership added on to it was a add on option from the dealer, there was never a production 95 monte ss the only ss was 2000 and up and the lumina's that have the monte front and rear are teh lumina LTZ edition

dude the only montes that got the ss option where the LS's that the dealership added on to it was a add on option from the dealer, there was never a production 95 monte ss the only ss was 2000 and up and the lumina's that have the monte front and rear are teh lumina LTZ edition

Oh shizit, I wasn't thinking I meant Z-34 I HATE those new Montes, what the hell was I thinking :confused: :confused:

It might seem like I hate my car but it's because there are so many nice looking w-body's and I only have room for 1. In fact my next "daily driver" is gonna be an International Series, I might not be crazy for the looks but over the last couple year's I have grown to love their personality.

A guy around here has a 2002 Monte Carlo Earnhardt edition. He put 3 miles on the car and says he's never going to put anymore miles on it. Its a collectors piece in his opinion. He owns a high volume bodyshop and is rich I guess.

i dont know my uncle just got a 03 monte SS midnight blue with tinted windows and leather seats (heated) has all the options you can think of i mean ALL the options including a DIC!

• 2 weeks later...

Update...

Mechanic says it is the heads or head gaskests causing the coolant leak (won't know til he has it tore apart). Estimate to fix is $1500, and at least a week without my car :shock: . He told me my best option is probably to dump it if I can :cry: . I'm not going to put that much money into my 3100. I'm looking into the cost of a 3400 swap, but most likely I will end up with a Monte Carlo or Eighty Eight within the month. So, I will remain a w-body owner or an Olds owner, but not both.

Do I hear $6500? :roll:

Man, that sucks. :(

A 3400 swap would be pretty easy. I'd help you if you were local.

Even a head gasket is pretty easy to fix, but that's not as much fun as a 3400 swap. :)

$6500??? Usually when they need head gaskets, they go for < $650!

Wow, 96 is also one of the years they used Dex-cool too, which was supposed to prevent this kind of thing.