muffler question. Has anybody ever..

STONEY

I replaced my stock muffler with a Dynomax super turbo muffler.

...it's okay, it sounds decent, but I haven't noticed anything performance-wise.

But I'm waiting for my hi-flow cat before I install the y-pipe I got from a boneyard cutlass, then I can have my fake dual exhaust! that'll open her top end up !

However, I still don't know what mufflers to use...

does anyone know what's good, that dynomax was okay, but it doesn't seem to be practical for a V6 application... (it's 2.5 in/out)

I've heard magnaflow or flowmaster was good, but I can't remember which was better..

-MaD-

Im aacutally about to do that same thing( this summer) we are cutting out the stock one, and replacing it with a Dynomax Super Turbo. I wanted "fake" duals, but dont have the money to get them (saving up for a house).

MaD, got any soundclips?

Jon

My 3 recomended for sound and performance:

Magnaflow

Borla

Dynomax ultraflo

Don't do a chambered muffler like a flowmaster.

If you put on a new set of mufflers and it is a little raspy then add a glasspack for a resonator.

If your using stock pipes i would do a 2" offset inlet/center outlet. A Carsound High flow cat will also help with performance and will make it a tiny bit louder as well.

RedZ

well i have the dynomax superturbo's on the stock piping, and they're alright. definiately a deep sound, not a lot of "throat" to it. they're not loud, but you can definiately tell they're not stock.

after hearing a car identical to mine over the weekend with glasspacks on it, the ST's will be coming off in the spring. a pleasing tone with no raspiness at all; plus w/ my resonated tips, it should sound very nice.

but overall, i've been happy with teh dynomax ST's. i would recommend.