Vacuum Tank Question.

MaD

My vacuum tank managed to shatter into 3 pieces...

What exactly are the repercussions of having no vacuum tank?

I always thought this was only for the A/C and the Cruice Control...

...hopefully that's all it'll affect until the weekend when I can grab one at the boneyard...

But...I'm thinking, would that affect the entire vacuum system? i mean, my car's not idling weird or anything and the tranny is shifting fine and everything...

thanks in advance :)

-MaD-

I broke that before. All it affected was the A/C system. What it caused was, during somewhat hard acceleration in overdrive, when the engine vacuum was close to zero, the A/C would not blow out any air. I fixed this with a golf tee, that I put in hole that the canister was attached to, and small piece of vacuum line. The A/C works fine now, and its not acting up.

Robby

Sweet.. :), I can live without A/C right now, considering it's like negative one million degrees outside :shock:

and yea, I tried the cruise control, and it still works, it's just slightly erratic.

welp, I'm glad that this didn't do much harm to the ol' cut. :)

-MaD-

...strange...I was using my heat on the way to work (I only used the bi-level setting though) under load and it seems to flow fine ?

it's still hot air and a lot of it, even above 3,500 r's...

so I guess I'm confused....is the heater only supposed to blow on defrost/floor, or is that the one setting that's supposed to hesistate under load??

-MaD-