brake squeeking

stlunatics2oo3

yeah i bought new brakes for my cutlass an 89 and the drivers side front brake is makin a squeakand iunno why it is i put new rotors on when i changes tires so please tell me it is squeaking when i stop and teh noise is driving me nuts :bash:

Well, since your car doesn't have the 94+ rear brakes, your front are probably doing like 70% of the braking, and if you have cheap pads, they make the rotors overheat and warp. So yea, maybe your rotors are kinda warped.

If you DO have cheap pads, I've heard good things about "performance friction carbon metallic brake pads", and ?ceramic? ones as well.

You might need to buy new rotors or have them re-surfaced.

That is, if they ARE warped...

-MaD-

Well, if you JUST put on new pads and rotors then this may just be the "break-in" period. I think it usually takes like a couple hundred miles before the brakes actually set in, and until then, they'll usually make some noise.

-MaD-

Guest Anonymous
so should i just spray some brake cleaner in there or what

Let it go for a while and if it doesn't go away then I'd pull the caliper off and spray everything off. Did you put any disc brake quiet grease on the backs of the pads before installing them?