Where to connect the blue "power antenna" wire to

BuickMan

I am in the process of connecting the wires from a Pioneer deck to a Scosche GM01B wire harness. There is a blue "power antenna" wire on the harness that doesnt match up to a radio wire. Does this wire control the antenna motor? Do I connect it to the blue/white wire from the radio?

If you don't have a power antenna then don't worry about it. It can also be used the same as the white/blue wire for amp IIRC. Just tape it off..

If you do have a power antenna, then yes you do connect the blue/white wire from the Pioneer harness to the blue wire of the GM harness.

I have a power antenna, thanks for the info 8)

Another question, the antenna only ascends and descends 50% of the time. It seems to get stuck half way. I can still hear the antenna motor so I guess its not completely shot. Do I have to go the junk yard and find another antenna motor or can I fix this myself?

I have a question since it is on this subject, how do I get the door speakers/amp to work without having to go through the power antenna wire? Since putting a new stereo in the TGP the door speakers ONLY work when I use the radio, which is rarely, oh and when I do, if I turn it up more than so much, the rear amps and 6x9s/sub loses power..... :?: :shock:

I have a question since it is on this subject, how do I get the door speakers/amp to work without having to go through the power antenna wire? Since putting a new stereo in the TGP the door speakers ONLY work when I use the radio, which is rarely, oh and when I do, if I turn it up more than so much, the rear amps and 6x9s/sub loses power..... :?: :shock:
What brand of stereo do you have? IIRC, either Sony or JVC (can't remember which) 2 separate blue wires. One wire is for the power antenna, and the other is the amp turn-on lead. The reason for the 2 separate wires is so you can have the antenna down when it's not needed, and still have the amp switched on when you're listening to a CD.

You might want to recheck how you connected up your stereo's harness. If there is only one blue wire, then what I'd do is connect up the amp's remote turn-on wire to the stereo's switched ignition wire (yellow on the GM harness, red on the stereo's harness) and run it through a switch so you can kill it when you turn the stereo off...

I have a power antenna, thanks for the info 8)

Another question, the antenna only ascends and descends 50% of the time. It seems to get stuck half way. I can still hear the antenna motor so I guess its not completely shot. Do I have to go the junk yard and find another antenna motor or can I fix this myself?

More likely to be a broken mast cable, it comes with a new mast. If you push/pull on the tip and there's any movement, then the mast is shot.

I've seen some cases where the power antenna unit actually had bad gears though.

You can just unplug its electrical connector in the up position and it'll stay up.

• digitaloutsider locked this topic