Fuel system problems - AGAIN!

grandprix104

Ok so ever since I got the new motor my car has been running great, but today it returned to its old ways. Whenever I accellerate,the beast hesitates,and almost seems to die - but hasnt - yet. It seems obvious that it would be the fuel pump is not keeping pressure up (maybe the regulator) but the pump was just replaced so i was wondering what other things might cause this symptom.

Thanks Guys

when the pump was replaced - did you change the strainer, and the filter too, or did you re-use the old strainer, and filter..

a plugged filter can cause this problem, so can a plugged strainer -

whenever I do in-tank fuel pumps, I always look inside the tank for any debris that can get into the strainer and clog it up, this too can cause the problems you're expirencing...

an other place to look is at the fuel pressure on the rail, if you can find a way to monitor the pressure while you are driving, you can see if it drops significently causing this problem.

my old beretta ALWAYS died at WOT when I first got it - I found two injectors that were bad, when I replaced 'em I found that the car was real sluggish at WOT - the pump ended up dieing on me, and when I replaced it (I replaced the pump, filter and strainer with brand new parts from GM) and found I still had the same problem, it ended up being the ground wire from the fuel pump - you may want to look into this as it could be your problem too (bad wire, loose ground, somethin' like that)

--Dave.

I have replaced all the above when the pump was put in. The pump is less than a year old but i have been running on empty alot lately and that probably caused this. Last time the pump just stopped working completely instead of being a pain in the ass like this one.

The injectors were working well when the engine was rebuilt and the fuel pressure was OK then.

Are there any tricks to removing the pump and tank i should be aware of? Last time the mechanic did it for me.

If there is anything floating in the tank what is the best way to remove it?