The Official W-Body Production Numbers Thread

fastbird232

hehe my car's rarer than any Z34 :nana: :lol:

True, until we break the Z34's down to color. :lol:

haha yes but I can also break down the 7.033 of mine to :euro coupes, euro sedans, and base sedans 8)

so mines like 1 of 2,700 ish

I think it meant Grand Prix 2-Door coupes, not GT2

Yeah, but 932 coupes in '93 no way.

You think Pontiac is wrong about how many Grand Prix GT coupes they made?

Dude, I was talking about GP coupes not just GT's. Dsgrntl187, was talking about all coupes.

well i have 94 cutlass INternational and i Car faxed it and it came up as a cutlass supreme S. what ever that is

Apparently... Zero.

It's a plain cutlass supreme sedan then

• 2 weeks later...

I emailed myself and found out:

1994 Grand Prix SE with "GTP" option, factory brilliant blue, 5 speed manual - 1 made

1994 Grand Prix SE with "GTP" option, factory brilliant blue, 6 speed manual, Rear wheel drive DOHC V8 - 1 made

:) sorry had to

I emailed myself and found out:

1994 Grand Prix SE with "GTP" option, factory brilliant blue, 5 speed manual - 1 made

1994 Grand Prix SE with "GTP" option, factory brilliant blue, 6 speed manual, Rear wheel drive DOHC V8 - 1 made

:) sorry had to

How is that project going anyway?

I'll see if I can't find a break down of 5-speed Z34's from 91-93...

• 3 weeks later...

well..what you saw about how many luminas were made with the 3.4.....is probably the Euro, unless it included Z34

92 was the first year for the Euro 3.4, so my guess would be around 3200 made or so

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The special edition package included the following:

*Specific areo ground effects and wheel flares wide body-color

*Body side appliqué wheels

*16" aluminum tires

*P225/60R16 Performance split dual exhaust sport suspension

i wrote a whole schpeel but i lost it by accident. thats exactly what the reply was when i asked what special edition was. as suspected, it means nothing. just that all speds had to have the following to be elligible to have the "special edition" dealer package just so you thought you were getting a cooler car :lol:

Okay... I don't know anything about the RPO or the stickers you guys are talking about, what information I would have to look up... and I'm pretty sure we already established that mine is an SE... but is SE baseline or Special Edition? Thats the part that always confused me... I dont know what Body Side applique wheels are but I've got 225/60/16s and (obviously) 16" alum wheels and the "wide" body kit or whatever they call the sporty lookin trim package, and dual exhaust... so does that classify mine to be considered a SP.ED. or is it? Fuck it, let me find another link and maybe I'll piss off GM asking more information about my car... but its completely debaged so no help there.

ALSO... a friend of mine has an 88 regal that he's desperately in love with... he gets my fuckered up motor when I put the new one in... but anyhow, I didn't see any 88 regal #'s here... I need VIN numbers to request so does anyone have one they could ask about?

Speaking of rare, I just purchased a 91 cutlass international 3.4, getrag 284,power sunroof,digital dash(only goes to 85 :cry:),automatic climate control, and Heads-Up-Display, 1 of 109 according to digitaloutsider's signature. It is white with burgundy leather buckets. The price was great too, $1000 :mrgreen:!! It just needs a brake booster. Oh yeah and around a month ago I almost bought a 1992 Grand Prix STE 3.4, getrag 284, graphite leather, power sunroof, it was blue, 1 of 57, $850. The grand prix was on ebay for the whole time it sat at $610 with a "reserve not met" and i emailed the owner with plans to buy it straight out for $850 after the auction ended without hitting reserve. It was in Missouri, I live right by the MN/IA border and had the money and plans to go get it, but while at work, my girlfriend watched the auction and at the last 2 minutes it went for $985 :evil: :exclaim:! Damn, Oh well it led me to finding the cutlass :biggrin:

I almost bought a 1992 Grand Prix STE 3.4' date=' getrag 284, graphite leather, power sunroof, it was blue, 1 of 57, $850. The grand prix was on ebay for the whole time it sat at $610 with a "reserve not met" and i emailed the owner with plans to buy it straight out for $850 after the auction ended without hitting reserve. It was in Missouri, I live right by the MN/IA border and had the money and plans to go get it, but while at work, my girlfriend watched the auction and at the last 2 minutes it went for $985 :evil: :exclaim:! Damn, Oh well it led me to finding the cutlass :biggrin:

[/quote']

That blue GP was in the "Auction Watch" section a while ago. I really thought hard about it too.:lol:

I wouldn't be able to handle 4 cars though! I was really hoping that car would go to someone to take care of it.

• 4 weeks later...

4-Door Sedan - STE (all) 1,127

w/3.1L V-6 - 499

w/3.4L V-6 - Manual - 57

w/3.4L V-6 - Auto - 571

Wow, I have a 92 STE, I wonder how many were made with leather like mine?!?!

94-STE-007.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

To my surprise, I got this email back today: (from e-mailing cac@pontiac.com)

Thank you for contacting the Pontiac Customer Assistance Center and I apologize for the delay in replying to your e-mail. I appreciate you taking the time to write us in regards to obtaining production totals and a build sheet for your 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix.

The below are the production totals:

4-Door Sedan - SE

2-Door Coupe - GT

4-Door Sedan - GT

2-Door Coupe - GTP

4-Door Sedan - GTP

Total Grand Prix 130,527

To obtain a Build Sheet on your Grand Prix, you may contact GM Vintage at (905) 440-7689 by telephone or (905)440-7644 by fax. Please be aware that there may be a charge for the service.

If you should need to contact us in the future, simply reply to this message or call our Pontiac Customer Assistance Center at 1-800-762-2737 and refer to file number 1-419660920. Customer Relationship Managers are available Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m., Eastern Time.

Again, thank you for contacting Pontiac.

Sincerely,

Kathy Butler

Customer Relationship Manager

Pontiac Customer Assistance Center

Is the total number produced the only numbers they have? Or do they have how many of the individual trims were produced? :dunno: (e.g. special edition, 40th anniversary, etc)

sounds like they dont specify any further

although they didnt tell me anything specific the first time around....maybe its just who reads the emails

Must be. How can they have detailed info on the first-gens but not the second? The guy was probably either too lazy or didn't know what you were asking.

A little more in depth figures for the 94...

Thank you for contacting the Oldsmobile Customer Assistance Center. I appreciate you taking the time to write us in regards to the 1994 Cutlass.

The production totals for 1994 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Series:

Coupe S 35,757

Coupe S with R7B 19,936

Coupe S with R7C 10,129

Sedan S 77,861

Sedan S with R7B 38,895

Sedan S with R7C 11,934

R7B is Special Edition package, content varies by model

R7C is Special Edition package, content varies by model

Convertible 8,638

Total 122,256

hrmmm

I have a SL so I'm wondering if I have the R7B or R7C. Is there any way I can tell this by a certain character(s) in my VIN?

Im guessing that the R7B or R7C are RPO codes

In 94, the SL was merely an appearance package...

Im thinking it goes something like this:

R7A: Base body kit, 15 inch wheels ( mine )

R7B: SL body kit, 15 inch wheels

R7C: SL body kit, 16 inch wheels

That being said, I'm thinking yours is an R7B, but I'm not sure. Let me know when look at your SPID, I'm kind of curious...

Getting back to the Olds here, I have a Question. My SPID says R7A R7B, but it doesnt have 15" wheels, it has 16" Could this have been something the previous owner did? But when I went to the dealer, theu run the VIN and it says 16" wheels stock??!?! Im just a little confused on this deal....

• 2 months later...

i tried to get intouch with buick to get som numbers on my 95 regal

i havent gotten any word back from them yet

its been three days

i want to know how many 4door two tone gs' were made for 95 lol