Crossbrace

skiiirt

somehow I managed to over tighten the top bolt on the driver side cross brace. I don't have air tools and my wratchets all sound like they are breaking when I try and torque it off. Any suggestions on removing the bolt? or should I just leave it? I can still move the bar when I remove the bottom bolts so its not exactly stuck in its position.

yeah I kinda read that wrong, but that will work too :lol: Id try to soak it in like some PB blaster or something of the sort, that doesnt work try some heat.

I don't see how you are gonna break your wratchet unless you bought it from Toys R Us.

Put a metal pipe around it for extra leverage... that's what I have always done for tie rods and crap that don't wanna budge.

I don't see how you are gonna break your wratchet unless you bought it from Toys R Us.

:lol: If it's craftsmen he can get a new one if he breaks it. Use some free-all or something. Rember, it you got it on, you can get it off. Keep saying "i think i can, i think i can."

Keep saying "i think i can, i think i can."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sometimes, even a wrench with a pipe doesnt work, if its on there good enough, me might just break the bolt.

if you break the bolt, keep in mind that duct tape fixes anything :bash:

funny you should say that. The fuse box beside the resevoir tank and the aux terminal is currently held onto my car via ducktape

I don't see how you are gonna break your wratchet unless you bought it from Toys R Us

Well it's a craftsman and when I yard on the bitch it makes almost a cranking noise, it really does sound like it is breaking something inside the wratchet.

I tried hitting it but that failed miserably because i'd hit it and then the wratchet would come flying off. I nearly dented my quarter panel with flying wrench.

funny you should say that. The fuse box beside the resevoir tank and the aux terminal is currently held onto my car via ducktape

I had to re tap the studs for that thingy because the bolts stripped it out :bash:

best thing you could do is go and buy a breaker bar. You can keep it in the trunk for when you get a flat also.

You will most likely break the bolt. I did that to mine a couple of months ago. As I would turn it it would make a very loud creaking noise. Then it snapped.

And when you finally get that bolt out, put a little dab of anti-sieze compound on it before you reinstall it so this never happens again :wink: ...

And when you finally get that bolt out, put a little dab of anti-sieze compound on it before you reinstall it so this never happens again :wink: ...

That stuff is the best! They should just have a garrantee that it will never sieze up because everything Ive ever put it on came off with no problems, even after years of it never being touched.

• 8 years later...

Any serious/real problems in driving for a while with the driver side upper cross-brace bolt broken? I won't be able to get around to heating mine up till next week :(.