Ipod hookup for CHEAP

xN8x

So I got to thinking... I don't really used my fm radio much. I mainly use my iPod w/ a tape adapter... BUT that tape adapter is noisy and it hisses and my songs song like crap. SO.... I thought of doing some crazy splicing and tieing in, etc. I figure if I get an amp and/or equalizer/booster.... I can hook my ipod into it and then have the equalizer's output wired into my speakers.... Like the pigtail that the radio plugs into, a few inches behind that, I'll cut into the wires and make it so that three wires meet for each positive and negatvie for each speaker. I run the power cable for the amp/equalizer/booster/ w/e to the battery and voila. I got an ipod hook up to my car SPEAKERS that won't be a faint little noise because it's amplified, it's got an adjustable equalizer, my radio will work, even if it's quiter cuz the cut wires (keep in mind I don't really use it... once in a great while), AND it's cheaper than a different headunit that would have AUX in or and iPod interface.... honestly... I think this cheepy one would work...

http://www.teptronics.com/903g.html

Sorry for all the "...'s" and the crazy ranting, it's 4 a.m. here.

... This one's a little more, but it has aux input and designated speaker outputs...

http://www.nextag.com/serv/main/buyer/ProductM.jsp?nxtg=19c390_87648529BDF4738B&kw=Pyramid_Car_Equalizer_7&ptitle=4200745&pdir=5&click=n&node=500031&core=&page=1&lgnode=500031&lgsearch=

EDIT:

This one's cheaper, but still has cd input...

http://www.teptronics.com/1201gc.html

PLUS, with this one, I could put in the JVC CD player I have laying around that I didn't use because it didn't have a tape player for my iPod or any way to get my ipod playing besides a nasty FM Transmitter.... I couldl have a CD Player, Radio, and directly connected ipod with that one.

Shippin on this one is only $10.... I think I'm seriously gonna do it....

will it work??

It may work.. But just remember, you buy cheap stuff, you get cheap sound. Especially with the Pyramid brand. The 'amplifiers' in those little EQ's are usually compareble if not worse than what's in your factory deck already regardless of what their 'power output' is.

I'd just splurge and buy a CD Player with an Aux input. I snagged an Aiwa CD Deck on ebay for $50. I put it in my Suzuki since it's my daily driver. It sounds waaaay better than the factory deck, and it has an Aux input on the front.

with all that messin around, it may be cheaper just to get a low end deck with aux input, and sound and be much nicer.

and whats so wrong with the FM transmitter? Get one of the nice belkin ones.

I can't stand an fm transmitter... My brother has a belkin one for his car and it has the constants radio hiss and when the batteries get low, you get more radio hiss. I just don't like em... I want my ipod connected directly to the stereo.