Any good way of removing swirl marks?

slick

Yeah, I know I have another thread going, but there are some good parts on my car that I would like to keep that way for the time being. So, I know how to avoid putting the swirl marks in, but is there any way of getting the swirl marks out?

Rubbing compound is good to really get a layer of paint off.. better than claybar IMO. It will look dull after but some good polish/wax after that and it'll look like new. :wink:

Meg's Scratch X or something comparable will do the trick for you.

If it is real bad you could color sand, but that is something I've never tried, and would be damn scared to try to do myself...

When I had the black car, I never waxed in big circles. Always very very small if not straight up and down motion. Never left a swirl mark on the car. Then again, I'm anal as hell.

As long as you don't use an abrasive applicator and a clean aplicator, and you DO NOT have any dust or anything on the surface of the paint you shouldn't get swirl marks - that's my theory. My area is dusty as hell, so I usually wash, then dry it be hand and wax right away because it I wait from things to nautally dry it is dusty already :( :evil:

you can try that mothers showtime polish, that really cleans the paint even more than washing it, plus if you have water spots on the car, cleans that too

If you mean Quik Detialer...yes that is a very nice product!!!I use it all the time in between waxes, so now when I wash cars, I let them dry by themsevles, then go back with that Quik Detailer and it removes water stains and stuff...unless I wax, then I hand dry and wax it right away

Quik Detailer is nice...but I like Mothers Showtime Instant Detailer better :wink:

there are some cleaner waxes out there...Meguiars NXT stuff and some Mothers that will remove some light swirl marks

Alright. To help remove swirl marks, (at least from when I had the black car), I pretty much would just re-wax. Like I said above, I used to wax either up and down or in very small circles. I TRIED to use an electric buffer one time on it, and well...no. Maybe on a white car, not black.

THere could be some professional out there that will disagree with me on how to wax the car (saying only circles or whatever) but I always got a good finish on the cutlass. Believe me Chris, I feel your pain right now b/c I know how damn hard it can be to keep it clean.

If you can, I would recommend using either a claybar or even quick detailer just before the wax. Or if it can sit in a garage where you won't get too much stuff on it from outside. I know I used to only wax when it was parked in the garage, then again even RIGHT after a wash it was dirty again. :lol: :lol:

Just make sure you get some pics up after it's clean. I do miss my Cutlass, as much of a PITA it was to keep clean sometimes!