HowTo on Euro 3.4 style body color taillight frame painting?

ragejg

My very white '93 would look sweet with the Euro 3.4 style body color framing of the taillights. I'm not gonna buy a set, and MAYBE might peruse through a junkyard, but I wonder if this could be a DIY situation.

I'm assuming that some light sanding, a bunch of taping, a couple primer coats, more sanding, and the color coat application plus more sanding should do the trick?

Has anyone else done this?

I'm assuming that some light sanding, a bunch of taping, a couple primer coats, more sanding, and the color coat application plus more sanding should do the trick?

Has anyone else done this?

I have never done it with lumina tails, but I did the same procedure with a set of 2G Probe GT tails to change the outline from red to black and they came out great....just take your time...

it should be too hard. I did the opposite when i painted my tails with nightshade. Just basically tape off whatever you dont want painted, sand it, put a coat of primer or so on it, sand it some more, then add a few coats of the white paint! :D

I think I'll paint my trim white as well... and maybe I'll save the trunk from my euro, or just the spoiler... my '93 has the rack/fake spoiler thingy, and SOMETIMES I like it, but ummm, usually I don't... :roll: ... too bad my white '92 Euro's white is an off-white, whereas the 93 is crystal clear white... oh well, nothng some sandpaper, primer, a tack cloth and a couple cans of duplicolor can't handle...