• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bolt_Crank

• Jeorge

• GPRACER

• Aaron

119mph 4 times in Zoomy, then the cutoff kicks in till it drops below 70, still the fastest of all my friends but one with an Integra. When I get my chip I'll break that record just for bragging rights.

i redlined my 4th on the way to MO, then stopped. it was still pulling, and well too. but b4 bens awesome chip it stopped at like 6500 in 4th, so right around 120 cuz redline in 4th is at 130. it didnt take long to get that high after his chip, but b4 that getting past 6 took a bit of time.

I agree. Top speed isn't the issue, making your car accelerate faster would be more fun than having a 140mph top speed.

I dont think they did..... and my question to you is why?

on a W-body's stock suspension, even with the fe3 package, would you want to, IMO the handling goes to shit after 105-115 any ways.....

unless you get better struts/springs/and moonleaf I personally wouldent want to go over that..... I have been to 126 in my GTP, and I dont plan on going back to there unless 2 things happen...

1. I NEED To....

2. I upgrade my sus package......

I agree. Top speed isn't the issue, making your car accelerate faster would be more fun than having a 140mph top speed.

well my Stock time one and only run was 15.00@90.02

in the 1/4

so I figure for a 14 year old 134XXX mile at the time and a going coil pack. that time was a good base to start with my modding...

I now have a Tire burning problem after tuning and replacing the coils that now will need to fix that for my next run I dont know but people look at you Funny in a 4 dr burning the tires to 50mph..

in the 1/4

so I figure for a 14 year old 134XXX mile at the time and a going coil pack. that time was a good base to start with my modding...

Let me get this strait. You have an UN-modded 3.1L w-body thats 14 years old with 134xxx miles that pulls 15seconds Flat quarter mile!. :bs:

The only way i will believe that is if you were at -1000feet elevation and you used slicks!

Lukes TGP had a hard time pulling a 15.2x@9x.xxxmph at 1200feet at 3.1L 10pounds of boost! and you say you can beet this time with a stock car without a turbo....... you do the math.

in the 1/4

Let me get this strait. You have an UN-modded 3.1L w-body thats 14 years old with 134xxx miles that pulls 15seconds Flat quarter mile!. :bs:

The only way i will believe that is if you were at -1000feet elevation and you used slicks!

Lukes TGP had a hard time pulling a 15.2x@9x.xxxmph at 1200feet at 3.1L 10pounds of boost! and you say you can beet this time with a stock car without a turbo....... you do the math.

Never Said My car didn't have a Turbo, I just said it was stock......Look at the Signature next time. and well I was at 1400feet when doing this.

was Running at 8.5 PSI

and my car now has 143,XXX miles on it and I have new Tires, struts, coils wires, and plugs in it. now IM at 11 PSI with the Fuel cut off Raised so It can Dump more Fuel to go with the Boost...and Hell I have a leaking Cross over and dont have it Chiped

BTY the 4dr STE is about 500lbs Lighter then a 2 Dr TGP.

so you take that stuff and Figure He is Running 15.2 I should be able to pull a 14.8-9 if I tried being I had a going coil pack at the time I pulled the 15

and yes there are some TGP's and STE's that are even faster stock...

so now that I said what I have to....wanna Race Just for Fun?? :P

Well I said about 500 pounds lighter then a TGP....

Figure this the TGP is longer then an STE. Has more PLastic add ons, Rims are Heavier then the STE's 16x8 virsus 16x6.5 The Doors on the TGP are Heavier then on the STE there is more metal behind the door that weighs more...and there is more...like the Bucket seats together in the back weigh more then the bench in the ste...there are alot of little 5-10 lb differances that add up.......

<EDIT>

I have been looking around and noticed that there is some differances in the Weights....from the STE weighing 500 lbs less to 100lbs more on the internet...If The Ex didnt Though it away Im going to look in my 1990 Pontiac Dealer Brochure....

and IM not talking compairing a loaded STE to a Strip 2 dr LE compair it to a loaded TGP/GTP with B4U and all that happy Crap...

so now that I said what I have to....wanna Race Just for Fun?? :P

you had me thinking it was a n/a 3.1L mpfi

I would love to race ya, but im haveing serious transmission problems!!! Time to drop a manual in haha!

i will still race ya with a fubared tranny. the sooner it blows the sooner it goes into the workshop to get fixed or manual conversion takes its first step. i have had this problem with 1st gear for the past 56,000miles and its driving me up the wall. Lukez34 knows that im talking about hes heard that shit. crusing at 25-35mph then going to WOT does nothing but make the tac bounce off of redline. Just recently its doing it alot, and its making a knock noise when going from park into 1st. The trany is on its way OUT. :( did i mention hard shifts! from first to second.

Unless the TGP weighs about 3800 pounds, I don't see a 500 pound difference. Otherwise you are saying your STE weighs about the same if not less than a beretta. Also, if your car weighed 500 pounds less, you would be looking at a half second + difference in 1/4 mile times with equal engine/transmissions.

got my 92 gp up to 110then eazed off cause I was on the loop..

but on a raod trip I got a 2002 dodge neon up to 125 and it still had a lil more pull in it....

we made a 110 mile trip home in just over 45 minutes (theirs no cop on the stretch of higheway we whur on after 11:30 pm)

Also, if your car weighed 500 pounds less, you would be looking at a half second + difference in 1/4 mile times with equal engine/transmissions.

I am about a half second off on the 1/4 mile then a stock nonchiped TGP

I ran it at 15.00@90.02mph and I was stock with no addons not even a K&N

where most stock TGPs where 15.5-16.3

about the only weigh to figure this out is I will have to find a scale {anyone know where?}

and weigh my car and there is a TGP in town and I know the guy and get him to weigh his too.....I know his is about a 1/2-3/4 of an inch longer then mine.

what is the vehicle weight on the sticker on the door, and how many seat belts are in your car? Same goes for a TGP owner.

that is for the MAX Weight in the car as far as I know...I'll have to go look at mine later...

my Lumina Z34 is at least 1 foot longer than my bros 91 GP LE, and they are almost the same weight, because of the 4 door being heavier. the only reason my Z is like 100lbs heavier is because of the subs in the trunk, and the gravel collected in the back bumper

lets get lukes car strait here. he has a 5-speed. that alone would make him smash you to hell and back. the thing just launched. up in CO, that car burned me up off the line, like a car lengh between us, and yes, i can drive. and he is running 12psi, compaqred to your 8.5. and 3.5 is a lot considering 1psi gave sonyman like 2 tenths or so. i rode around in lukes car, and its quick. it has mad tq, couldnt keep the tires hooked all through first(neither did mine :twisted: ), he just had traction problems and the 3.1turbo doesnt have a high end really. its done by 5500. im calling BS on your 1/4mi. oh yah, we were at 1200ft.

in the 1/4

When my car actually ran( not trying to sound like aaron lol) it only had the x-over fixed 156,000 miles and ran a 14.70 no lie. And no i dont have the slip because the guy that had it before me ran it and showed me the slip i will see if i can get it