Convertible Rear window regulator

91CuttyConv

I have a 1991 Cutlass Convertible and the rear passenger window regulator is dead with the window down! I took all the trim out, the seat, and the panel, so the regulator is now out in the open. It is rivoted so my first question is how would I go about replacing it? Second, is there a way to get the window up without the regulator since I will probally have to order it and having the window down isn't fun. Thanks!

Jason

You have to drill the rivets, if you buy a new GM regulator it will come with new ones and you will need a rivet gun to re install. Remove the old regulator from the car and you should be able to slide the window up, at work we have a heavy duty duct tape to hold the window up, when we have to order parts.

Thank you very much for the reply. I thought about drilling out the rivots but just wanted to check first. BTW, I discovered the motor is good, it works, but the regulator is dead. My new fear is what GM wants for a new one :( Thanks Again.

Jason