Adjusting trunk for added spoiler?

90TGP

I remember reading a post a couple months ago on how to adjust the trunk springs to compensate for the added weight of a spoiler. But I can't seem to find that post. Does anyone know how to do this?

The safest way I've done it is to find a metal tube about a foot long that fits exactly around the end of the metal rod torsion string, then use that for leverage to move the spring to a higher notch that what it sits at. Might be hard to find a tube that small, so a vice grip clamped on there as tight as you can will work too, it's just a little more dangerous.

• 4 weeks later...

Doesn't matter what notch you put it in, the springs are too light . You have to get the springs from a trunk that had a spoiler. The best I could get from the light springs was to have the trunk "hover", but would not stay up solidly.

Doesn't matter what notch you put it in, the springs are too light . You have to get the springs from a trunk that had a spoiler. The best I could get from the light springs was to have the trunk "hover", but would not stay up solidly.

That's what I ended up having to do. :werd: