Actual Dyno CHARTS.

Canada

wow, the torque peaked at 2600...isn't the factory torque peak supposed to be at 4000? it is nothing short of impressive... for an l82(smirk)

wow, the torque peaked at 2600...isn't the factory torque peak supposed to be at 4000? it is nothing short of impressive... for an l82(smirk)

That's not where it peaked, those numbers are skewed from the torque converter being unlocked(read the first page or two in this same thread about *this*). You can see where the converter locks ~3600rpms or so and then the torque peaks right around 4000rpms(look at the number readouts). 144.8 ft-lbs @ 4,000rpms w/ 20% drivetrain loss correction = 181 ft-lbs. Factory rating is 185 ft-lbs @ 4,000rpms, so it's pretty much spot on...

That's not where it peaked, those numbers are skewed from the torque converter being unlocked(read the first page or two in this same thread about *this*). You can see where the converter locks ~3600rpms or so and then the torque peaks right around 4000rpms(look at the number readouts). 144.8 ft-lbs @ 4,000rpms w/ 20% drivetrain loss correction = 181 ft-lbs. Factory rating is 185 ft-lbs @ 4,000rpms, so it's pretty much spot on...

that makes more sense now.

so he's either got a really tight drivetrain or he has the most well maintained motor in america.

that makes more sense now.

so he's either got a really tight drivetrain or he has the most well maintained motor in america.

I vote the later....LOL

i've taken great care of it...

if you know me personally, you'd know i'm anal about maintenance.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'll get my dyno scan up next week. I did 134whp and 165 TQ on my 95 3100.

62mm TB from rsm but my plenum was still stock at 52mm so at best this caused a loss in HP cause of turbulance.

FFP UD pulley

2.5" crushbent exhaust with high flow cat

plugs/wires

Wrapped short ram intake

16.2 best 1/4 n/a.

15.4 with 55 shot nitrous. no dyno results

15.01 with 75 shot nitrous no dyno results

• 1 month later...

JordanDyno.jpg

04 Comp G, L26, Cartuning Turbo T-66 3" DP kit(intercooled), 12.5 psi, XP cam, Ported heads (Stock vavles), 79# Racetronix injectors, Racetronix Fuel pump rewire. NO meth, 20+ psi in the spring.

Car is in winter mode.

This version of the Dynapack reads typically - 10% of a Dynojet.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

I was just thinking while looking at this thread, that maybe at the beginning we could list each members results, just like their name, the car, and the whp/wtq numbers? Make it easier to find out what someone made without looking through 10+ pages of dynos just to find it.

Just a thought...would probably be a bit of work so I dunno how realistic it is.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

1993 3.4 DOHC in an 88 Fiero with a Getrag 282 5-speed.

The graph says "Flywheel horsepower" but we set the correction factor to "1.0" which means no correction, so this is at the wheels.

large.jpg

The 10ft-lb torque dip corresponds to a bad AFR there; I still have to tune it.

Engine details:

1993 3.4 DOHC, balanced and blueprinted...

Ok, more details:

91 Beretta iron flywheel (16 lbs), Sealed Power hypereutectic pistons with coated skirts, balanced rotating assembly, .030" overbore, honed with a torque plate, exhaust valve guides tightened up a bit, opened the bottom ring gaps to prevent flutter, gasket matched the lower intake manifold, custom upper intake manifold (shorter runners, direct shot from the TB to the runners), stock throttle body, stock ECM, stock injectors, stock cam timing, 3" cold air intake with K&N cone filter, 2.5" exhaust with Magnaflow cat and Spintech muffler.

Pic so you can see the intake setup:

original.jpg

• 1 month later...
Guest GrandPrixlover1

does anyone have any idea what my motor would put out? I don't have the money for a dyno run... :-(

and I know some of you would tell me it's pointless, but this way I could get at least a "rough" estimate of my engines performance.

I'm just running a bone stock 3100 with K&N highflow panel filter and new spark plugs, and wires. Just had a tune up this past summer, and an oil change this past weekend.

• 8 months later...

First crart of 09!! Woot. :razz:

DSC00724.jpg

1998 Monte Carlo LS.

Powertrain mods.

P&P 3400 UIM, LIM, And TB.

Custom FWI.

Polyurethane Dogbone Engine Mounts.

MMS PCM, Dyno Tuned, Kind of. :razz:

180*T-Stat.

Taylor ThunderVolt 8.2mm Spark Plug Wires.

Descreened MAF.