addco bar -revised-bad news and good news

dohc v6

well i am happy to say the new bar has been in for almost a week and i have no complaints. it fits much better and the inner brackets are much stronger.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dohc v6

• pwmin

• blackbombshell95

• AWeb80

well i just talked to trey and this is what i got.

if you want a new bar you have to have some type of bill of sale or call up the p,lace of where you got it from and get something in writing from that company.

the old bar you do not have to send back you can throw it away when you get the new one. and the inner brakcets are also new. i have pics i dont know how to post them so with that said are there any volunters to post my pics witha e -mail

Thats great news!!!

Shawn, you know that one you have....if you get the revised job, I would still be intersted, but I understand if you want to put it in your DOHC...

id like to know if the one i have is the updated one since i just got mine but they built it like a month ago. i think it might be the old design cause it looks like the old brackets

ill take one when i can. isnt there a production date when the new ones were built? i would only have an installed pic. i do recall having much more trouble installing this one, however, than the one i did in a 92 Z34. say i have my receipt and my bar is the old one, how do i get a new one? who do i contact and how? I dont think you have clarified this yet. thanx

i am pretty sure you do. and believe my trey is a cool guy but he is not going to make 1 bar a t a time we should get as many people together all at once.

Guest TurboSedan

i bought mine from SuperBuick a long time so i guess i don't qualify. i'll just have to get it to work some way or another (using Addco outer busings and custom inner hangers i guess).

anyone know if Addco would sell the outer bushings seperately? that would REALLY help me out.

it will not work because it hits the body. unless your car is not lowered then just extened the bar daown. but i would call trey and ask him he might give it to you

Guest TurboSedan
it will not work because it hits the body. unless your car is not lowered then just extened the bar daown.

yeah, that's why i need to make custom inner hangers. my car didn't come with a stock sway bar, so there is no place to bolt up hangers :(

but i would call trey and ask him he might give it to you

gotta phone #?

1-800-621-8916 and tell him mark gave you the number and you are part of the w-body site.

we need to get everybody at once because he spent a lot of time on this revised bar for everybody tonot say anything.

not a lot easier to install just a better fit. when you bolt it up thats it no messing with the distance and if it hits the body or not. it goes right in.

• 3 weeks later...
we need to get everybody at once because he spent a lot of time on this revised bar for everybody tonot say anything.

so, who's in?

im going to try (not completely sure if mines the old or new style)

pwmin

________

________

________

thanks lets get the people who have problem with the old ones. if not thats ok my new bar is awsome and if you like the clunking on top of the c/o then thats cool. but if not lets get a list started

i'll take a new one also.

I got to find the reciept though.

:withstupid: i can't find mine right now i need to go through some paper work i have in my files to find the damn thing :x