Movies and TV shows w/ w-body's

93 Grand Prix

I caught an early 90s maybe even 88 or 89 CS in an episode of Walker Texas Ranger, W-body sedans all the time. That and the X-files are probably sure bets on spotting Ws in TV shows.

^That sedan cs looks lower, longer, and sleeker than the ones I'm used to seeing

• 1 month later...

Terminator 2 has a Lumina 4 door parked the scene where the Terminator is in that gun fight with the police outside the Cyberdine lab building.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Leap of faith, not a main car, but in the tent revival and in other scenes down town I swear they use the same white Cutlass SedanN

I think I posted that one. Love that movie.

[edit] I did, last page. :D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

The office season 3 episode 15 ~13:15

I don't have a screenshot, but in the office, the episode where Phyllis gets married, when the crazy uncle escapes there is a white cutty vert that drives by\

:thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

Sabotage starting ~1:29. MC with decent wheels. Not something I expected in that movie. Heads up, that car arrives to an untimely death at the end of that scene.

Sabotage starting ~1:29. MC with decent wheels. Not something I expected in that movie. Heads up, that car arrives to an untimely death at the end of that scene.

i remember seeing the trunk lid of a 1.5 car in the trailer... maybe i'll investigate further.

i remember seeing the trunk lid of a 1.5 car in the trailer... maybe i'll investigate further.

It is a really violently graphic scene... both for the car and the people.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Many episodes of "Once Upon A Time" there's a first gen Cutlass in town. Not that I watch that show, I just heard that somewhere......

Edited by Imp558
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

The movie 'Midnight Ride' with Mark Hamill has a 92 Cutlass Supreme Convertable in it with a blower poking up through the hood. I think the blower was fake though because the car was supposed to appear to be SUPERfast.

:P

That was actually a 1988 Pace Car.

midnightride1990flv_004149920.jpg

i613420.jpg

midnightride1990flv_003566720.jpg

midnightride1990flv_003803280.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
On 8/28/2017 at 12:52 AM, ManicMechanic said:

That was actually a 1988 Pace Car.

midnightride1990flv_003803280.jpg

This had me wondering.  The digital cluster on my 91 CS with LQ1 only goes up to 85 MPH.  However, when I change the readout to metric, it shows the same readout as this pic.  LOL, the movie used the metric setting to make people think the speedometer went to 130 MPH.

1 hour ago, MemphisMan said:

This had me wondering.  The digital cluster on my 91 CS with LQ1 only goes up to 85 MPH.  However, when I change the readout to metric, it shows the same readout as this pic.  LOL, the movie used the metric setting to make people think the speedometer went to 130 MPH.

I didn't know that!  I'm going to try it on mine.  A 88 CS Pace Car vert with HUD, now why did they have to do that to this car!

3 minutes ago, jiggity76 said:

I didn't know that!  I'm going to try it on mine.  A 88 CS Pace Car vert with HUD, now why did they have to do that to this car!

I'd be interested to see if yours displays the km/h or MPH like mine does.  That might be another difference in our clusters.

I could tell that was a HUD car because it doesn't have the speed display under the arch.  I could also see the HUD on the dash in the other pic.

Edited by MemphisMan