how to go about changing tcc solenoid

Nick1234

It's a tough job, even more tough with a turbo motor. I looked up the labor time, and it was like 4.5 hrs for a turbo motor, or like 3 hours for an N/A.

If you have the ability you should pull the motor and trans, it would be the easiest out side of the car.

The thing that makes it hard is the bracket that mounts onto the trans and allows the rear trans/motor mount to mount to the trans. This bracket must be removed to get the pan off. To get the bracket off there are 3 or 4 bolts, 2 on top, one on each side. The Exhaust crossover must be removed, or loosened to get the top bolts all the way out.

once the bracket is off, you have to support the trans with a jack with a block of wood on it, or the trans will sag down.

second step is removing the axle because the pan goes along the whole side of the trans, and houses the output seal on that perticular side.

After all that BS, you can finally take the pan off.

once the pan is off, the solenoid is visible. Probably the hardest part from there is unplugging the old one, and plugging in the new one, there isn't a whole lot of finger room.

Then put it all back together.

If you have some things that need to be done to the engine, I would recommmend pulling them out. A TCC solenoid will be a lot easier to do out of the car with some arm, and shoulder room to work with.

The TCC solenoid was a LOT easier to do on the beretta, that's for sure, just take out the inner fender, and take off the pan. that's because it's a TH-125 though, and not a 4T60

Good luck!

I've got to do this as well, however I have a different tranny mount setup on the '95 (structural side pan) which hopefully makes it a LITTLE easier. *Crosses fingers*

I've got to do this as well, however I have a different tranny mount setup on the '95 (structural side pan) which hopefully makes it a LITTLE easier. *Crosses fingers*

Looked up the labor: 5.9 hours for a TCC solenoid on a 95 CS 3100 :lol: Good luck with that!

well i don't know what else to look for. Im going to check more wires, but only the gray/white wire that plugs in in the front of the tranny is for the tcc. its not upshifting when im on the freeway. Im always in 4th

Looked up the labor: 5.9 hours for a TCC solenoid on a 95 CS 3100 :lol: Good luck with that!

Yeah but that may include removal of the drivers side strut assembly too. So it'll feel like I'm doing a twin cam alternator :lol: