tinting windows

stlunatics2oo3

If you plan to keep the car for awhile, be sure to get Solargard tint. It uses metallized particles and doesn't turn purple. Most other tints (3M, Gila, Sungard, etc.) are dyed and WILL turn purple.

Unfortunately Solargard is only available to licensed installers, so you'd have to pay someone to have it applied.

Yeah like he said. I had an '87 Cierra GT with some 3M in it and it turned purple after about a year or so. I've tried to do my own glass before, but ended up getting pissed and throwing the whole big wad of it in the trash. I'd let someone else do it, it's worth it in my opinion.

You'll need foaming window cleaner (not Windex), paper towels to wipe your windows, a razor blade and a squeegee. Some window tint requires the use of special adhesives. Also, it's much easier to do if you actually remove the window from the door. The rear windows may require using two pieces so be sure to match them up perfectly because you don't want any gaps.