Original Cost?

gmrulz4u

How can I find out how much my 1989 Cutlass Supreme International sold for back in 1989 brand-new? Or is there a website that has this data?

I'm just curious...I would guess around $15,000-16,000?

THANKS!:)

Depends on options Base price for the entry level was about $16,000 Cdn

1988 Regal Limited with Fe3, Aluminium wheels, 4 seater option which inc'd buckets leather T type steering wheel floor shit etc, prem 6 speaker AM/FM cassete stereo with graphic equal, UB3 was about $17500 list +dest and taxes ( dealer sold for less of course),

A/C, tilt, cruise pwr win,pwr locks were all std equip on the limited back then

Cutlass supreme int was about $17k Cdn list +options but they also were well equiped A/C , Alumin wheels DIC pwr everythin etc if I recall I looked at them as well but it was a while ago. The 89's didn't increase much in price if you wnat to know exactly I can look at the invoice tonight for the base price.

Guest Anonymous
so the pettys were $10K more than the regular Grand Prix? Damn :bash:

No, the B4M Petty option backage was a few hundred dollars, but it has all the other add ons... which total up to about 25k, and theres a few "in option" savings...

Guest Anonymous
the guy who sold me the car said his mom paid more than 28k for the TGP, thats quite a lot for back then

TGP's and GTP's were all basically 28k in those days...

You could try cars.com on the "research" page & autotrader.com on the "research & compare" page. That's where I found a lot of cool info on my '92 Regal GS Coupe - cars.com says original MSRP was $16,610 - $19,300 on mine. You can also find the options, their costs, what was std. and what was not and all the spec info. The only thing I don't know is if they have Canadian pricing or not.

the guy who sold me the car said his mom paid more than 28k for the TGP, thats quite a lot for back then

Do you have the window sticker? The price was probably marked up if the original owner paid "more than 28K."

My '90 TGP was $26,665 new(I have the window sticker), it does not have leather or the factory cd player though.

I have the window stickers for my other cars also...

My 93 SE was $17,578 and my '01 GTP was $27,945(they actually had it marked up to $28,540 though).

I found my orignal recipt floating around in the car shortly after I bought it (used in 00 for $9500 with 36k mile warranty). I dont know what the MSRP was but it sold for about $25k IIRC.

So if a 92 Cutlass was worth about $27,000 CND, my car must have been in the neighborhood of $29-30,000... (plus 15% sales tax in ON) now it's worth like 1/10th of that.. :puke:

Looked at the original reciept last night and made a couple errors in my 1st post

All in 1988 Cdn$ ( exhange varried a lot that year started year at 0.75ish USD and ended year at 0.85ish USD)

1988 Regal Limited MSRP base price $17672

standard equip- Cruise,pwr win,pwr locks, 2.8l V6, 4 spd auto

and for interest option prices

A/C $1075

UB3 $414

Four Seater $817 ( this incld leather T type steering wheel,bucket seats frnt and rear, 4 spd auto on center console & rear console)

AM/FM cass w eq, 6 speaker $353

pwr antenna $82

Alum wheels & FE3 $263

Metallic Paint $82

Door edge moldings $20

Freight $475

7% Sales Tax $1450

license $46

Total $22845

Street price, dealer sold it to me for $20,800

Base cutlass was like $1000 cheaper but didn't come with pwr locks/cruise etc so eqiuped the same they were within about $100. If I remember right the cutlass international was about $500 more but had all the bells and whistles standard

I know my moms was ~22,000-24,000, and her's was exactly the same as mine besides an electric trunk release, anti-theft system, and bench seats/column shift.