Held Motorsports front coilovers

Guest TurboSedan

If I received an unprofessional reply like that I'd return the message with the quote, stating that I won't purchase their products or recommend their products to anyone. That was rude. I don't know anything about front coilovers, but I'm guessing if it's only or '95 to present then it won't find our 1st generation cars. I'm interested in their front diagonal support braces though, as well as their other structural suspension pieces.

Held Motorsporst isn't the only company that offers coilovers. I know for 2nd generation W-Body owners can get lowering springs from Eibach. Though they aren't coilovers, they do lower the vehicle and upgrade it's handling. For the rest of us 1st generation owners, we can go to Fast FWD Performance. I remember Twin Dual Cam having a cool coilover kit with Kobi shocks, but I think that company went belly up. I thought there was someone on the forum here with a lowered Grand Prix with the Twin Dual Cam coilover kit. I could be mistaken though.

There's no significant difference on the front suspension from 88-96 on the W-bodies, including the 95-99 Monte/Lumina. In late 95, the strut/knuckle assemblies have the caliper bracket slightly redesigned to allow for larger diameter rotors, but that's the only difference.

Who was the person that replied to your email? Was it the owner?

their site says this:

If you are unsure as to whether our Front Coilovers fit your application - let us know - We can quickly determine if our products fit your application

so that means to ask. then they tell you to read it again.... a-holes.

Yeah, you're lucky you got a reply at all. I emailed them once asking for info, and never got a reply. So I put that stuff on my site about not being able to get a reply from them so I couldn't recommend them. Anyway, Dave Held saw that and wanted to know what it would take for me to change my recommendation. I told him I'd like some answers to my questions about the coil-over kit... like why the discrepancy in the pics... some show gen 2 W-body front struts while the one on the bottom shows a gen 1 W-body front strut assembly. Also whether the struts can still be replaced through the strut tower covers, what modifications are needed to the strut/knuckle assembly, and lastly, whether replacement bearings are available (since the pic shows it replaces the lower bearing with a new upper bearing).

I got a reply, but none that addressed any of my questions. Pretty much a vague reply like you got.