addco sway bar bracket broke please help- update update got

dohc v6

Stock inner hangers and stock 95 Monte bushings are all you need for no rubbing.

It'll still touch the strut, but nothing else will rub. No need to cut or weld anything.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dohc v6

• GnatGoSplat

• AWeb80

• blackbombshell95

So ur saying with the stock handers and stock 95 bushings my bar won't rub on my alignment arms??? u sure?

Also, if i raised the rear of my car, would that stop the rubbing?

So ur saying with the stock handers and stock 95 bushings my bar won't rub on my alignment arms??? u sure?

Yep. I don't know how much lower your car is than mine, but mine could drop 3" more than it is now and it still wouldn't rub.

I used stock inner hangers and stock 95 Monte bushings, but I had to use the Addco outer clamps and bushings because the stock 95 Monte hardware puts the bar too close to the middle of the rear axle assembly. I would have preferred to use all stock hardware since the bushings and clamps are better quality, but it'll work fine for now.

Guest TurboSedan

I used stock inner hangers and stock 95 Monte bushings, but I had to use the Addco outer clamps and bushings because the stock 95 Monte hardware puts the bar too close to the middle of the rear axle assembly.

exactly the problem i ran into. my bar doesn't come close to hitting anywhere like it did on AWeb80's car. i tried using outer bushings from a '95 Brickyard Monte and it put the bar too far forward....enough so that the bar would practically rest against those two big bolts near the center of the rear suspension (made horrible LOUD banging noises). this rubbing caused the inner Addco brakcet to break, and the bar has been stored in my garage ever since (like over 2 years now). i don't know if i'll ever use this Addco bar but i doubt it. i don't know what to do with it. right now i need to get some new outer clamps & bushings from Addco (if that's even possible) and find some j/y inner hangers from another '95 Monte with the 22mm rear bar....hopefully that will work.

Yep. I don't know how much lower your car is than mine, but mine could drop 3" more than it is now and it still wouldn't rub.

I used stock inner hangers and stock 95 Monte bushings, but I had to use the Addco outer clamps and bushings because the stock 95 Monte hardware puts the bar too close to the middle of the rear axle assembly. I would have preferred to use all stock hardware since the bushings and clamps are better quality, but it'll work fine for now.

Well i have the st lowering springs in the front. and my rear is just a tad bit lower than the front. so i'm guessing its lowered by 2 inches in the rear.

So currently, for my center brackets, i followed addco's instructions and cut the center brackets in half and added addco's bracket.

If i'm understanding u right, the stock bracket uncut would keep the addco bar far away from my rear alignment arms?? And the monte bushings are big enough to support the bar in the middle????

You aren't talking about the outer swaybar stock bushings for a monte be used for my center bushings????? What u mean is use the stock center bushings off of a monte on a brand new stock set of my center brackets.

I hope i'm getting this right. I prefer not to give you any headaches. but addco i guess gave us all headaches.

If i'm understanding u right, the stock bracket uncut would keep the addco bar far away from my rear alignment arms?? And the monte bushings are big enough to support the bar in the middle????

You aren't talking about the outer swaybar stock bushings for a monte be used for my center bushings????? What u mean is use the stock center bushings off of a monte on a brand new stock set of my center brackets.

I hope i'm getting this right. I prefer not to give you any headaches. but addco i guess gave us all headaches.

Yes, that's right, it doesn't hit anywhere on my car except I think sometimes it touches the strut.

Yes, I think you're understanding me right, use the stock center bushings off a Monte and stock center brackets unmodified.

On the outers, use the Addco hardware.

i should have the bar this week or begining of next.

from trey

Im not really understanding how the stock swaybar is being used as the

> hanger but it shouldn't matter as long as we are able to come up with

> something that works. I wouldn't bet on having the bar this week. John is

> working on it right now, so we expect to have a prototype in the next few

> days but it will have to be plated before it is shipped which takes 4

> days... But i will certainly keep you posted. If you are ok with a painted

> bar we will be able to get it out quicker. Thanks for the measurements!

> Talk with you soon.

>

> Trey

explain to him that we use the stock hangers for the sway bar not the stock sway bar to hang the addco one. if he could make new mounts for us out of higher grade metal that match the stock hangers of a 95 monte carlo rear sway bar. that would correct the problems those of us with stock ride height cars have. keep us update though i want a good sway bar not one that will break the mounts on me :roll:

well i am trying everything so just bare a little more and i am sure you will be pleased in the end trey is pretty cool and i dont think he want to ruin addcos reputation. give me a week or so for pics

the addco bar rubbed on my strut....on the stock ones and the KYB's i put on....

It rubbed inbetween where the outter bushing is and where it curves around the strut.

so i just put a .2" spacer of aluminum inbetween the outer bushinga nd the strut and that moved the bar away from the strut and no rubbing now.

i have never had trouble with the bar hitting the 2 big bolts in the center of the car though.

hey when i order the bushings from the monte, what size sway bar do i order them from. the 95 monte carlo doesn't have a 7/8'' bar? they have a 24mm i think and a 1''??????

NOPE!!! the 95's didn't have a 7/8 bar!!!!!!

i called 4 places shit!

Are you sure this is suppose to work???? i'm worried cause you don't remember what year monte :bash:

NOPE!!! the 95's didn't have a 7/8 bar!!!!!!

i called 4 places shit!

Are you sure this is suppose to work???? i'm worried cause you don't remember what year monte :bash:

No, I was right, 95 and early 96 with F41 suspension had a 22mm rear bar. Late-96 on was smaller.

I can get the part numbers, but you'll have to email me after 5pm central time to remind me to do it because I always forget everything on the drive home from work.

• 2 weeks later...

so i will have the bar and the new brakcets wednesday. sorry about the delay the plating on the new bar the first time was junk so trey sent it to be redone but will have it wednesday

from what i understand he will just ship you a new bar but dont quote me on that. but i will let you guys now how it works on wednesday. i promise i will post on wednesday. and he is telling me that i should give you his number and who ever has the bar should contact him. but i would like to get a list together so it would be a little easier on him. but then againe how will he know if you purchased the other bar

i have the repeict still from my bar i keep records of everything i have ever purchased for my car. so if he needs proof that i bought this bar from a dealer i can provide him with the info. :wink:

If you can, take comparison shots of new vs. old.

I still have 1 of mine new in box, never used. I don't know if I have a receipt though. I also bought them a long time ago, what's statute of limitations on these?