what kind of power would a turbo Iron Duke make?

maybe2fast

I am still going to have to advocate the centrifugal. I've seen several that create 2-3 psi of boost at low rpm. Theres a 5.0 mustang around here with a small high reduction gear centrifugal thats making 3 psi at 1400 rpm, but because of its size it maxes out at about 9psi. Thats pritty respectable. And that kind of SCer on a Duke would be perfect.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Aaron

• DiscoStudd

• bartonmd

• Bossman429

... you can do that, but you end up with a S/C that runs out of effeciency and kills your top end because you're spinning it REALLY fast (because of the pully size multiplication you're talking about) and either using TONS of power to get not much of it back in boost power, or you're making TONS of boost, but using a BOV to get rid of it so it doesn't blow up your (otherwise stock) engine with too much boost.

On the other side of that coin, a Centrifugal S/C is easy to mount, easy to plumb, easy to make some extra power, and not real expensive...

To add another point to that to muddy the water some more... If you can either make yourself, or have somebody custom fab for you (I assume they don't make one for the 'duke) a turbo header, you can get a used stock turbo from a 1.8T or DSM that's about perfectly sized for this application and run a FMIC (small, factory take-off from one of the cars in Japan (the 1/2 owner of the rally car we built used to get them allthe time for like $50 at his door... at one point, he had like 5 of them) and do all the plumbing yourself...

Mike