"jumpy" fuel gauge

notAwimpala

OK , I dont own or know anything about cars 99+.... If you say the newer systems are based in voltage....so be it.

I would still check all other systems (sending unit related), that are cheaper and easier, before resorting to dropping the tank.

BTW: I was a Navy Electronics Warefare Tech (4 years) and now I work for Newark Electronics (8 years).

When troubleshooting , you ALWAYS start with the simple stuff.

OK , I dont own or know anything about cars 99+.... If you say the newer systems are based in voltage....so be it.

I would still check all other systems (sending unit related), that are cheaper and easier, before resorting to dropping the tank.

BTW: I was a Navy Electronics Warefare Tech (4 years) and now I work for Newark Electronics (8 years).

We dealership tech's start with the easy stuff also. Takes about 2 minutes to diagnose that fuel level sender with the Tech II scanner. I'm sure "Canada" just doesn't pull the tank, there is a procedure to follow.

Navy warefare electronics eh? So how do I keep the damn cops from getting me on radar? RAM and a goldplated windshield?

We dealership tech's start with the easy stuff also. Takes about 2 minutes to diagnose that fuel level sender with the Tech II scanner. I'm sure "Canada" just doesn't pull the tank, there is a procedure to follow.

Navy warefare electronics eh? So how do I keep the damn cops from getting me on radar? RAM and a goldplated windshield?

You know what that would cost.... :lol:

The ram alone would be +5K... and would look horrific on a car.

It would be nice to be able to prevent tickets, but in my experiance you have to win them in court.

I worked on a SLQ-32 V5 (active add on)

FFG-45

It would be cool todress up a small car (like a Fiero) with RAM, and turn it into a stealth....

FFG-45

It would be cool todress up a small car (like a Fiero) with RAM, and turn it into a stealth....

Correct me If I am wrong

The SLQ-32 is an electronic warfare system, basically a jammer.

The -(V)5 (resulting in the designation SLQ-32(V)5) is an enhancement to the system called Sidekick.

The FFG-45 is the Oliver Hazard Perry class guided missile frigate USS De Wert, based in Mayport, Florida.

FFG-45

Correct me If I am wrong

The SLQ-32 is an electronic warfare system, basically a jammer.

The -(V)5 (resulting in the designation SLQ-32(V)5) is an enhancement to the system called Sidekick.

The FFG-45 is the Oliver Hazard Perry class guided missile frigate USS De Wert, based in Mayport, Florida.

Only 1 correction... Basicly the SLQ-32 is like the worlds biggest radar detector, not a jammer... The "Active" part of the system is the add on you correctly called "sidekick".

Everything is accurate. 8)

You seem to know something of it..... :cheers: