This guy is dreaming. Or is he?

JPaganel

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6405&item=1876696370&rd=1

I met him today and looked at the car. Tranny seems strong and the steering is solid, but there is some trim missing from the interior, left rear wheel molding is pinched, there is a quarter-sized dent in the left fender, drivers door handle is cracked, trunk release inoperative, hood release broken, fog lights are busted, two nickel-sized spots where paint came off by the rear bumper. The engine has a pretty loud valve noise and a slight shudder, so if it's been replaced, it's a boneyard pull.

It is not in horrible shape, but nowhere near mint. What do you guys think is reasonable for it?

JP,

$1000 - $1500... tops. Evaluate whats needed to get it back to par: you gave full list; that's gotta tell you something. Even though the engine has been replaced about 89K miles ago, what about the miles on the car? Looks like you've been over it with a fine-tooth comb... If it doesn't sell on Ebay, approach him with a check if you want it. Get a feel for the whole car, and see where it might take ya'... or fly down to Denver and look at mine (way better) :D

- RedFox340

Cash is a problem. I need something inexpensive.

I wanted to get a car with a nicer body I could maybe transplant my old engine into (after some cleanup/modification).

I wonder if I offer $900 he will be insulted and spit at me...

Oh yeah, that CD player is just about the shittiest install I have ever seen, sticking out of the dash like a turd...

Aftermarket CD players always stick out because there's insufficient clearance in the dash. Unfortunately, that's something that's always bothered me, but nothing can be done about it without extensive dash modification.

What's the deal with the coin holder stuck into the armrest that's missing a lid?

The lid is one of the three missing trim pieces from interior. He is also missing the bottom piece on the right rear door (you can see it if you look closely) and the cover from the passenger seatbelt.

No, it's not the mount sticking out. It's the bare metal of the CD poking out from a hole in a flat piece of plastic. It's like he just cut a opiece to fit the hole instead of buying a $20 kit...

The car itself has 160000 and change. On one hand, the valve noise bothers me, on the other I've seen plenty of 3.1s running fine with it.

There are acouple of small holes in the trunk, so something must've been screwed down there, like an amp. I dunno, if it was under $1000, I'd snap it up...

Doesn't sound worth the asking price at all. Anyone who would install a stereo like that does NOT take care of the car. The original drivetrain probably blew because the car was abused. I wouldn't offer any more than $1000 for it, and that's being generous.

When you give more details like that, I'm with Shawn; that thing is a HOS. If that doesn't sell, try him, he might laugh and send you away... but at least you've tried. Plus, if you have the cash there, he might be more willing to hand you the keys and th title. Keep us posted!

- RedFox340

Well with my CD player i had to do a creative rig to install it. Funny thing with those mounting kits...they wont work in an 88 or 89 Grand Prix. In addition to the space being molded to fit that stupid fucking display thing, there is no way to mount the brackets in the kit. I though i was just being an idiot and cant read directions. so i went over to my old 91 GP and looked at it and its is a little different, and there are metal bars where the brackets should go, my car does not have that becasue of the way the stock units are mounted. What i ended up doing is using the faceplate from the kit and stuffing bubble wrap above, below and on the right ride of the unit. to keep the left side flush i used aluminum foil pressing against the heatsink, not only does it do a good job of keeping the left flush but it dissipates heat from the heatsink very well. I now never get a CD that comes out of the player thats hot to the touch, a lukewarm at most.

I can take pics of what im talking about if anyone is interested i have plenty of time on my hands these days

Aftermarket CD players always stick out because there's insufficient clearance in the dash. Unfortunately, that's something that's always bothered me, but nothing can be done about it without extensive dash modification.

unless of course you go with the sized CG Pioneer CD(Its not the best quality....but would look a helluva lot better) players that fit flush with the W-body cars(supposedly...I'm planning on getting one because I hate that mine sticks out) its $249 or a little more with a remote....can be bought at pretty much any Circuit City or Best Buy.....but I'm pretty sure you know this already? I think that they refer to the space for our cd/cassette(whichever you prefer..lol) as a 1.5 DIN.......fuck(oops :lol: )...can't find it on either one of their sites....I'm pretty sure they're still around though....someone here has to have seen em or has one, right? ok heres a link to it at sounddomain.....the price for the one with the remote has dropped $40..yay.... http://www.sounddomain.com/sku/PIODEHP77DH enjoy!

Here.. this is how the Pioneer GM decks fit

http://www.lukez34.com/theride/Cutlass/10-18/MVC-010F.JPG

There's some little sleeves that I need to locate. They go under the mounting screws on the headunit itself to raise it up a little bit. That will get rid of that large gap at the top.

Oh yea, wiring's a bitch too because there's hardly ANY clearance behind the deck for wiring (on the cutlass). I couldn't use an adapter that plugged in to the stock harness. I chopped all the harnesses off and just wired everything directly to the wires on the HU. The less wires you have back there, the easier it is to fit the deck in.

On my '89, I was able to wire an aftermarket HU with the harness adapter by putting the connector beside the HU to the right in that space between the HU and glove compartment. I don't know if there is enough wire on the 94 to do that or not. I noticed on the 94 that every wire is as short as absolutely possible to just reach. Makes wiring projects much more difficult than the 89 which has lots of slack in most wires.

GM was really pinching pennies when they designed the 94!