I think this is the end of my car UPDATE Regal will live on!

HokemBokem

Thats what ya get for having the metric system

5 qt. cost $25 here at the china mart, I mean wal mart, we also have quarter pounders at the golden arches :roll:

That's not so bad then, once you convert to Canadian dollars.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HokemBokem

• DiscoStudd

• 93CutlassSupreme

• Dannymik

I got two penzoil oil filter for the first time. I figured I would give them a shot. It was either them or Fram :roll:

Still dont know when my car will be done tommorow. Hopefully early in the morning or else I will have to wait another day becasue I have work.

Im so sick of getting rides to work everyday :puke:

Hmm, a PF-47 in that pic up there.... I would have thought it was common knowledge around here that you can use the PF-52 for more filtration.

yeah I know, it was purchased before we discussed the 52 situation. He at least its not a Fram!

Well my dad is 5 min away from picking me up and taking me to the shop to go pick up my Regal :D Im so exited. Ive gotten used to not having a car for these 2 weeks now shes gonna be back and better than ever. Dad said they gave me a new crankshaft also and oil pump.

Ill post again when I get her home to tell you guys how everything went :D

Well my dad is 5 min away from picking me up and taking me to the shop to go pick up my Regal :D Im so exited. Ive gotten used to not having a car for these 2 weeks now shes gonna be back and better than ever. Dad said they gave me a new crankshaft also and oil pump.

Ill post again when I get her home to tell you guys how everything went :D

Cool! I'm already missing my car.

Just got her home guys :D Running as smooth as ever! It should be for what we payed also :lol:

2000bucks.jpg

I got crankshaft, piston, piston rings, head gaskets, main bearing set, oil pump, ac pully, ect.

A new gatorback belt, this with the new ac pully makes the car a lot quiter at idle.

gatorback.jpg

A new upper gasket kit, so happy about this becasue fluid was leaking out here pretty bad before

headgasket.jpg

The guy also switched my coolant over to the green shit for some reason? I dont know whether this is good or bad yet? Also he put 10w-40 in instead of 10w-30? I asked him when the intervals should be for an oil change to break it in and he said he broke it in and I dont need to change for another 3000 miles?? I dont really trust that and dont want metal particles in the oil. So I think I will change it still at 100,500,1000 ect.

Overall everything seems good and im so happy to have my Buick back

:) Now I need to give her a claybar waxin and a full detail.

Lookin Good!!! And yea, I would change the oil at those intervals. Just be sure to run the cheapest oil you can find for the break-in. BTW, did the guy give you a warranty of some sort that covers the work that he did??

Does the total read "$1920.80" ??? It's kinda hard to see. The guy's name is Buscemi? Didja ask him if he's related to Steve Buscemi :lol: ?

Keep the green coolant in, just change it more frequently than you would the orange DexCool crap.

You say the intake gasket was leaking before? Well BINGO, we have a winner! I think we can all figure out why you spun a bearing then!!!

Yea it was leaking pretty bad. And the total is on the bottom right and its $2120.80. And about the warrenty im not sure my dad talked to him about that before I even got there. He did show me the old AC pully which was so squeky.

Also after x-mas I plan on changing the tranny fluid and filter. Anyone do this and how hard is it. I was going to get it done somewhere but they charge about $100 and I read about it in my Chilton and it doesent look that hard.

Also why are you supposed to run the cheapest oil? I got cheap Chevron Supreme 10 bucks a case of 12 quarts. I was just curous.

Well thats very cool Hokem! Theres no feeling like having your baby back! If you want to know about tranny fluid and how hard it is to change it then at least try the search button. Get a "torque"(the repair manual that you have will specify the torque settings) wrench and lower down the pan in the corner so the fluid doesnt drip all over the place. Also you should have a reusable gasket, dont use that cork shit! They sell a kit for the gasket(junk) and filter at Autozone. BTW its not a hard job, but lots of bolts and messy...protect dads driveway.

Glad you got it fixed up man and for what was done to it $2100 seems reasonable, the guy worked on it for all of 21 hours so with parts thats seems reasonable.

That dexcool stuff is crap the green coolant is better, beside eating heater cores and gaskets it gets sludgey and much dirtier than the green stuff.

Course the tru test of coolant is an acid test since coolant gets acidic and eats your motor/gaskets from the inside out via electrolysis, coolant should be tested yearly for aciditywith test strips which you just stick in the coolant and read like litmus paper. and changed ever 3 yr 36k regardless

Hoken: your crankcase filled with coolant causing it to spin a bearing ? Sorry I'm not framilier with your situation

Hoken: your crankcase filled with coolant causing it to spin a bearing ? Sorry I'm not framilier with your situation

Thats what I heard it was. I thought at first I just blew a rod.

I dont think he flushed the radiator though so I will probobly do that in a month or two.

you said he put new rings in it? did he bother to do the head gaskets and hone the cylenders?

He did the head gaskets but im not sure if he honed the cylinders.

Seems like if it had a rod knock it could bust up the cylinder to the point of needing bore+hone, also replaced one piston. Either the rod end didnt bust up the jug or they maybe just bored one cylinder oversize, which Detroit has been known to do :roll:

Also why are you supposed to run the cheapest oil? I got cheap Chevron Supreme 10 bucks a case of 12 quarts. I was just curous.

Because you're gonna be changing it so often during the break in, you don't need the more expensive stuff. Plus, the cheap stuff will let parts wear a bit easier, which you want to happen as to properly "break-in" your engine.