I think this is the end of my car UPDATE Regal will live on!

HokemBokem

Well im waiting for the tow guy to show up to take my Regal away. This morning when I streted the car to show my dad what it sounded like it started getting worse and the noise was getting louder so I shut it off. The Regal is going to a local mechanic shop that my dad has been going to for years. The mechanic said hes going to call us when he finds ou what the problem is with the car and the price to fix it.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HokemBokem

• DiscoStudd

• 93CutlassSupreme

• Dannymik

If he quotes you on a total engine rebuild, ask him how much he'd charge to drop in a boneyard motor. If he goes the rebuild route, he's going to charge you a hell of a lot more than if you had a low-mileage boneyard motor swapped in...

If he quotes you on a total engine rebuild, ask him how much he'd charge to drop in a boneyard motor. If he goes the rebuild route, he's going to charge you a hell of a lot more than if you had a low-mileage boneyard motor swapped in...

Allright ill ask him that. Ill keep you updated later when he calls and tells me the news.

Like Disco stated, a boneyard drop in is alot cheaper(thats if you cooked your motor). I'm glad to hear that your not going the dealer route, every part is priced way above what you think you'll pay. Goodluck

i'd just dump in some heavy weight oil and sell the car

YEAH...and if the wrong person gets it...THEY'LL hunt you down!!! :evil: :wink:

not really. once someone buys a car it's their problem.

just hope they transfer the title into their name

my buddy aquired a free Cavilier that didn't run. me and him put a timing chain and new valves on it, and it would start up but it would loose oil pressure after a few minutes, so he sold it. the girl who bought it left it in her school's parking lot when it finally blew up from no oil pressure, and it got towed and impounded. but, she didn't transfer the title into her name, so my buddy got the impound bill. he's just gonna let it sit in there, he won't pay the bill either :lol:

my buddy aquired a free Cavilier that didn't run. me and him put a timing chain and new valves on it, and it would start up but it would loose oil pressure after a few minutes, so he sold it. the girl who bought it left it in her school's parking lot when it finally blew up from no oil pressure, and it got towed and impounded. but, she didn't transfer the title into her name, so my buddy got the impound bill. he's just gonna let it sit in there, he won't pay the bill either :lol:

yeah...but if some dude finds out you sold him a car that was about to blow up...then it blows on him...he'll prolly hunt you down and shoot your ass!!!...i know i'd be PISSED :evil:

:lol: my uncle was joking around and told me to do that. My dad wants to give this car to my little brother though in a while because hes cheap. So it will prob be fixed and I will drive it around for another 10 months to a year then get a new car :D

have you heard anything back from the shop yet!? :?

Nothing yet :x Im waiting for the call from my dad telling me the BAD news. I have to go to work in 30 min though so I might not find out till tonight. Ill make sure to post what happens right when I find out.

Nothing yet :x Im waiting for the call from my dad telling me the BAD news. I have to go to work in 30 min though so I might not find out till tonight. Ill make sure to post what happens right when I find out.

Holy shit Sorry guys :x It was a 5x post and a record for me :oops:

Its because im on my moms shitty ass computer that is just about as fast as the Compaq we had 9 years ago.

yeah...but if some dude finds out you sold him a car that was about to blow up...then it blows on him...he'll prolly hunt you down and shoot your ass!!!...i know i'd be PISSED :evil:

yeah, bet people get killed all the time for selling junk cars. i see it on the news all the time :roll:

once you legally transfer the ownership of the car it isn't your problem anymore. sure, i bet some people are pissed when they end up with junk cars, but i don't think a lot of people pick up guns and kill the seller :roll:

hell if he somehow makes it shutup for a good 30 miles he could trade it in, it would goto auction, and then probably switch states, and the next owner would have no idea whos it was

So found out it was a rod and is going to be 1500-2000 dollars :shock: My dad doesent want to go for that so tommorow we are calling around for a rebuilt or low mileage 3800.

So found out it was a rod and is going to be 1500-2000 dollars :shock: My dad doesent want to go for that so tommorow we are calling around for a rebuilt or low mileage 3800.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: $2,000 :bonk: :bonk: :bonk:

Seriously. My dad said the mechanic said at least it would be 1500 and the most would be 2000. I was just looking around on Autotrader for a car that is in decent condition for under 2 grand and havent been too lucky.

yeah, bet people get killed all the time for selling junk cars. i see it on the news all the time :roll:

once you legally transfer the ownership of the car it isn't your problem anymore. sure, i bet some people are pissed when they end up with junk cars, but i don't think a lot of people pick up guns and kill the seller :roll:

exactly... if you don't check out a used car before you buy it, and it dies the next day... it's your own fault...

If your 96 was a black Gran Sport coupe, I'd be on a plane down to AZ to buy it from you (renting a U-Haul with a car dolly to drag it back to MN.) :lol:

Man, I can't believe your family doesn't know anybody that would swap in a boneyard motor for ya. How mechanically inclined are some of your family members (like your dad or uncles?) Might not be a bad idea to rent a cherry picker, and do some heavy reading of the Chiltons manual. Have some friends and family over to help ya do a motor swap. IMHO, that would be better than trying to find another $2000 car that might have questionable history. You'd probably get more use from your car if you had others help you swap in a boneyard motor than you would buying another car (especially at that price...)

:shock: DAMn...that sux dude!!...hopefully you can either fix it or get another W-BodY :wink: GOOD LUCK! :)

Well I just woke up and my dad was calling. He was at a machine shop is going to have my engine rebuilt. Its still going to cost 1,500+ :shock: Hes paying half of it since my brother is going to get this car soon. All I have to do is start paying 300 a month towards my car instead of 200 which isint bad. But which sucks ass is that its going to take 2 weeks :shock: Its going to really suck going 2 weeks without a car but when I get her back she will be like brand new :)

So everyone the Regal will live on!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Well I just woke up and my dad was calling. He was at a machine shop is going to have my engine rebuilt. Its still going to cost 1,500+ :shock: Hes paying half of it since my brother is going to get this car soon. All I have to do is start paying 300 a month towards my car instead of 200 which isint bad. But which sucks ass is that its going to take 2 weeks :shock: Its going to really suck going 2 weeks without a car but when I get her back she will be like brand new :)

Damn, man. You're getting screwed with this, man. I know of a Monte Carlo in a yard near me with a 3800 V6, series II that looks decent, they'd probably sell the engine to me for $500 or so. Lube up.

That's insane, that your engine is grenading at 90,000 miles.. how well was it taken care of??

Damn, man. You're getting screwed with this, man. I know of a Monte Carlo in a yard near me with a 3800 V6, series II that looks decent, they'd probably sell the engine to me for $500 or so. Lube up.

That's insane, that your engine is grenading at 90,000 miles.. how well was it taken care of??

Well since I got it 5 or 6 months ago ive been treating it like a baby. Checking fluids all the time giving oil changes every 3000 miles. I think it was the 2 owners before me that screwed it over. After this the only thing I have to worry about is the Trans. But when I get her back I will be driving very carefully.