Rear passenger side "banging"??

gmrulz4u

Every time I drive over a sunken sewer or pot hole etc...the rear passenger side make a kind of bang sound...it's fairly loud...it almost seems like there's no shock absorbtion or something...also, it always seems like my steering, or for that matter, the whole car, feels really loose...especially if I'm driving around 30mph or more and turning on a fairly bumpy road...it feels like it's swaying...or it's almost out of control...

Any help here??

Mine broke 2 months ago, passenger rear. I was going down a washboard gravel road and all of a sudden there was a huge banging by the back window on that side. I couldn't figure it out at first then saw that the strut shaft and nut were poking through the trunk and banging on the steel plate where the rear speakers mount. I temporarily squeezed a board that I'd drilled a divot in (for the nut to sit into) and a piece of foam rubber between the shaft and the plate. Jacked the car up to get room.

The mount was $37 cost but I had to replace the strut also. Luckily it was under warrentee and they replaced both struts free and I paid mounts (2) and labor.

Hope it helps.

Heh, I just got over this one.

Your back struts are probably blown. Are they original factory?

My struts were bad (absolutely nothing at all), and my mounts were rusty as hell.

I replaced my back struts and mounts with Monroe Sens-a-Trak struts and Monroe mounts.

I don't get the "BANG" anymore, but my trailing arms still make noise.

If you don't hear a "creak" noise when you get in/out the car, or when you come to a stop/accelerate, then I believe your trailing arms are fine.

All you would have to do is replace your struts and mounts. :)

-MaD-

Supposedly, they were the best "bang for the buck"

They're pretty stiff, probably stiffer than what I was expecting, but I suppose it's good to have a stiff suspension.

Hey, at least I'm not getting sideways after hitting bumps on the expressway :shock: Those were fun times though...

And from what I've been told, KYB are like THE best.

-MaD-