??

sniperi311

cars been misfiring for bout a week, decided to change the plug wires, and look at the plugs, put new plugs on it 3 months ago, look at the ignition coils, ohm tested, were fine, got to the 6th spark plug and the plug wire was somewhat burnt, plastic had been melted some and the plug was completely burnt black like too much gas burnt, think its an injector, what else do you think it could be? any suggestions would help or any help would help, thanx, oh it runs fine now that i changed the wires and the one plug, thanx again

If the wire was burnt and touching something, it could have been grounding and not allowing spark to occur in the combustion chamber. I'm also moving this thread to its proper forum and I recommend you give the thread a correct subject title, so more people with knowledge will see it.

sorry bout the subject was in a hurry to work on my sisters car, and would that gronding out make the spark plug black?

Yes, a grounded spark plug wire will cause a "black" spark plug. The plug is black(carbon deposits) due to running rich on that cylinder(probably caused by your burnt plug wire grounding to something like Brian P. stated above).