Fixing ABS and turn signal stalk.

Nick1234

Ok so lately my abs has started to engage at any given time. Not under hard braking, just nicely coming to a stop light, it will engage. for now i just pulled the little 5 amp fuse, but i would like to figure out what is causing to do that. I blew off the brake callipers and rotors with an air gun to get the dust off the sensor maybe? ideas. Also i have to replace the turn stalk. You push it down to turn left, and the light doesn't blink but if you push up alittle it blinks. How hard is this to do.. Also cruise control doesn't keep speed. Tried replacing all visible vacuum lines, except the one that goes into the wire harnest around the firewall, Do i need to replace like some actual cruise control part?

nick

So the turn signals.....it works when you push it down, and the light stays on when you push it up? That means one of your signal bubls is burned out. Check all the signal lights with the stalk pushed up

ok so i push it down to turn left and nothing happens. put a little presure up, and then it starts flashing and all the lights blink. like i don't actually turn it off from wanting it to blink left, it just push up a little. i have to double double check tomorrow. Cause either it will go on and stay on, or it will not go on at all. No blinking.

ok so i push it down to turn left and nothing happens. put a little presure up, and then it starts flashing and all the lights blink. like i don't actually turn it off from wanting it to blink left, it just push up a little. i have to double double check tomorrow. Cause either it will go on and stay on, or it will not go on at all. No blinking.

Your turn signal switch is shot. What year is your car? I've did the swap on both a 95 Regal and 96 Lumina, both with the round "Saginaw" style column. Nothing to it, really. If you have an airbag on yours, it makes it interesting for sure :wink: ...

Turn signal switch is definitely bad. I had to change mine a few days ago.

also, with my brakes, when i am coming to a stop, in the last maybe 10 mph till i stop, if feels like the brakes are grinding. Now heres what gets me, the rotors are smooth as butter and there is plenty of meat left on the pads......doesn't add up. doesn't do it all the time either, and this is with the abs fuse pulled

nick