Yeah Baby, Yeah!

ThunderBat

Finally landed a deal on a Grand Prix! and only 4 miles from my house! Its a 2001 GT coupe, black w/charcoal cloth int, sunroof and Daytona pace car wheels. 50k on the clock, and the previous owner added a window tint job...its a one-owner, bought and traded at the same dealer.

I gotta work a double shift today (bummer)...but then I can go pick it up Saturday...I sure hope the weather is sweet so I can open that sunroof and let the ThunderBat cruise!

At first, I thought this was going to be a photochop of a special edition Austin Powers edition W' you'd dreamed up. :lol: Anyways, congrats on the new GT, take some pictures when you pick it up!!!!! 8)

50K on a 3 yr old car :shock:

Nice pick up, and i too thought it was going to be one of those wacky badass looking cars you dream up.

well, the picture in the sig is a paintshop...and I hope to have mine lookin that good one day in (hopefully) the not too distant future...we took the camera and the tripod with us to the movies tonite. After the flick we set up in the empty parking lot across the street and took some nite shots. I used about half the roll, so hopefully the weather will cooperate tomorrow and I can click some nice day shots as well. I'll get them posted as soon as I can. I've been shopping for mufflers and exhaust tips since I got it...gonna try and get that modded soon...I can't take this quiet thing!

ThunderBat Angelfire doen't allow hotlinking anymore JUST SO YOU KNOW! Bastards!

http://tinypic.com/ is a cool way to post pics quickly without registering or anything, however I have no idea where they go... lol

http://photobucket.com kicks ass.

back on topic... congrats on the car! Normally I'd say "why didn't go just go all out and get a GTP?".. however they require more gas and hi-octane.. so a GT is a GOOD choice! :wink:

I actually considered a GTP, which would have been nice for sure...but the only other one I had looked at was about $5K more than this car...but to be honest, after a few mods to this car I think it will be plenty fast enuff to get me in all kinds of trouble if I'm not careful...I should get my pics back tonite from my littlephoto shoot...try and get those posted asap. been checking into prices for modding the exhaust...I almost turned the key on a running engine yesterday...that chit has got to go! I gotta here this baby talikin to me!...thinkin about just dropping the stock muffs and replacing them with those Monza Pacesetter mini-glasspack exhaust tips...I think that might talk it up just right. :D 8) ...man I love this car!

back on topic... congrats on the car! Normally I'd say "why didn't go just go all out and get a GTP?".. however they require more gas and hi-octane.. so a GT is a GOOD choice! :wink:

Hey I think the GTP's get better gas mileage than the gt's don't they? I have got 28 on the highway and 22-24 in town. What mileage have you been getting thunderbat?

50K on a 3 yr old car :shock:

My spyder just turned 60K in a little under 3yrs........I might get concerned if it were american made....

anyway, good find...post pics when you can....

Finally got some pics of my new ride...I really like the way the nite shots turned out...and thanx for the tip, photobucket.com rules!

Dayfrnt.jpg

Day34rrlow.jpg

Day34rr.jpg

NiteFrnt.jpg

Nitepass.jpg

NiteInt.jpg

NiteDrvr.jpg

hopefully will get the exhaust modded soon...then a CAI...and some wheels would be cool...some 17s or even 18s :D 8)

vey nice...i never really liked those rims...but then again i've never seen them on a black GT...VERY NICE

Have fun with it...that car has a lot of potential

BTW...the pic of the interior at night gives me goosebumps :wink:

50k is nothing i've put 35k on in 1 1/2 since i've owned the car below shown on my "sig" if thats what that little area's called where it lists my website and shows my car ... hmm i'm lacking forum lingo here someone help this man out !!!

got my exhaust put on yesterday!...I dropped the stock muffs and added a pair of Monza Pacesetter resonator tips in their place...I'm actually surprised that its not much louder...I am experiencing a little drone if the engine is pulling around 2200rpm...higher or lower and it seems to disappear...full throttle gives an almost ferrari-esque growl while around town cruisin renders a nice deep tone...granted it'll never sound like a SBC, but hey, its the nature of the beast...I may replace the stock resonator with a glasspack when I have the U-bend swapped out...maybe that will kill the drone with out hurting the sound too much...in the meantime, I can hear it!...and a car that was already so much fun to drive just got better!

Wonder if anybody around here would trade a 12 year old Cutlass for a 4 year old GTP.. :(

I love those cars. Really sharp looking man

• 4 weeks later...

a few updated pics since I changed the exhaust and painted the wheels black (added chrome lug nuts as well)

BWrr34nte.jpg

BW34frnt.jpg

BW34rrHi.jpg

...and this last one I PaintShopped to see what a T/A style rear spoiler would look like

BW34rr.jpg

fucking BAD ASS

I FUCKING LOVE IT!!

by far one of the BEST looking GP's i've seen...

whoa...

just headlight covers and tint those tailights...and i will love it

god i love the black out theme.

I actually had originally taped off the edge of the rim where the weights go on with the intent of leaving it silver for an offsetting look...but after I peeled the tape off I took one look and said "no way, I'm goin for the full Bat-Stealth mode!"...I even called a place up in Richmond about having them powdercoated black but for the cost I could buy a whole new set of wheels...although I do wish I could find a set of wheels that had powdercoated spokes with chrome lip and chrome set screws around the rim...that might look cool...I would just stick with these but a larger and wider wheel would give the car a meaner stance...and tinted headlight covers ar definitely on the mod list!....and a ram-air hood (maybe carbon fiber), and a different rear spoiler, and.. and.. and...