Where to find replacement door seals?

GreaseDog

The first issue I have to deal with with my 01 MCSS is water intrusion I to the doors, which is likely causing the windshield fogging issue I've seen when it's parked. (It's been parked at my parents house for about 2 months before I decided to buy it from my cousin). Upon inspection, or found both belt mouldings on the doors are bad, as well as the window run channel on the passenger door, and the seal that goes around the outside of the door on the driver side. Does anybody know where I can find these seals? If it were an older Monte, I'd have no issues finding these. Everything I've looked at, points me to universal seals.8465286b5c7dc7809e99ae6280ee5fd4.jpg928ecce20d1c12d1cc41a9b671edf927.jpg15f270d9bf47bdec033e010f734a8bc6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I can't tell you where to get seals but at least the driver's door is likely sagging, possibly both and I can help with that.

All second Gen W-Bodies use the same hinges and there's no right or left since the parts are typical.

If you find two cars in a wrecking yard you can get the far less frequently used passenger's door hinges from something like a Century that has way lighter doors to begin with and they are usually in good shape.

If the door is sagging it's only a matter of time until it gets bad enough to nip the front fender and either chip the paint or kink it.

I can't tell you where to get seals but at least the driver's door is likely sagging, possibly both and I can help with that.

All second Gen W-Bodies use the same hinges and there's no right or left since the parts are typical.

If you find two cars in a wrecking yard you can get the far less frequently used passenger's door hinges from something like a Century that has way lighter doors to begin with and they are usually in good shape.

If the door is sagging it's only a matter of time until it gets bad enough to nip the front fender and either chip the paint or kink it.

This one is actually hit in the left front, that fender needs to be replaced anyways. Though the door doesn't show any other signs of sagging. Good to know that they're readily available. The Century is a favorite around here for an enduro car, so it should not be hard to swap to a hinge in better condition of necessary.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

It’s about impossible to find those top seals intact. You can’t get them new either. Keep going threw the junk yard maybe you’ll get lucky. Mine were both in good shape for a couple months and then they started falling apart.

If you do find seals the community would like to know who makes them. Years ago JCW had a couple pages of seals with different profiles in the catalog. Also there are bushing kits for the door hinges on Rockauto but swapping the hinges always seemed easier since they are so plentiful.

If you do find some good rubber JY donor parts get a stick of Gummi plfege to revitalize them. Makes a huge difference and if you have a BMW,VW or Merc dealership near you they might have some in stock.