W-Body Enthusiast I need your attention!

89-W-Body-Regal

Does anyone who know a lot about W-Body’s have any resources that knows of any place, company ect that produces EGR Tubes? I am having trouble finding tubes in salvage yards, dealerships, etc. Restorstion shops charge an arm and leg to fabricate one and the ones near me won’t even give me the time of day. I really love my W-Body, had the car since birth and don’t ever want to get rid of it. I need someone to help me out. I don’t want to loose hope. But I don’t have the kind of experience to make one myself and it’s frustrating. Here’s a picture of the tube. It’s cracked and I had to do a number on it because it was so rusty.

GM don’t make the pipe anymore. But they said only 4 1988-89 GM cars had this pipe. It was Buick Regal, Chevrolet Beretta, Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme, Pontiac Grand Prix. I don’t have time to wait a year from now. My W-Body needs to get inspected next month. If I don’t have the EGR present in my car during the time of inspection the car could fail emissions. This car needs to get back on the road ASAP. I know everyone has busy life’s. But I don’t have time to sit around and wait. I am not asking someone to give me a part for free, or have someone make the part for free. I just need someone to lead me a hand and stop taking advantage of me because I own a car that isn’t popular and doesn’t have world wide parts available for it.

post-9541-0-71658900-1525450560_thumb.jpeg

The plate at one end where it bolts and the fitting on the other. Finding a replacement only delays things, forming a plan to repair that one means you and the whole community always have replacements.

• Like 1

I would go to a metal fabricator or possibly a plumber/HVAC who has access to metal tubing and the ability to bend and add fittings. Fabricating a new pipe would be the way to go. It doesn't have to be a flex pipe even though that helps installation.

• Like 1

I PM'd him yesterday and going to see if the 89 International with the 3.1 might work if it's not rusty.  Maybe Monday or Tuesday if I have time and not raining or the following Friday.

• Like 1

Everyone is telling me it will cost an arm and leg to have it fabricated. Most restoration places said they would do it but they never get back to me. It’s like they don’t want to help me out. Most take advantage of you too. How much do you think something like that would cost?

If I knew how I would lol... plus I don’t have the welding tools or stuff to make it happen. I would just buy a 3D printer and make one like that. Than in the future I wouldn’t have to pay thousands of dollars for fabricating parts.

It's brazing, that's a MAPP gas torch from Home Depot. Seriously, look it over and figure out how to replace the corrugated tube with a piece of new corrugated tube. The truth is nobody knows how to do anything until necessity gives them a reason to learn.

• Like 2

I have a spare EGR tube with the EGR plate from a 1994 3.4L DOHC engine. Will this fit your car? PM me if it will fit.

It would help everyone if you mentioned here which motor you had, and maybe the length of the parts as well. Then people can keep an eye out for one, or, as in the case of the 2 people who have some from specific motors, they might have one that is close enough to work for you. 

It would help everyone if you mentioned here which motor you had, and maybe the length of the parts as well. Then people can keep an eye out for one, or, as in the case of the 2 people who have some from specific motors, they might have one that is close enough to work for you.

[/quote

I actually found 3 egr pipes now. Two I have that are good. And one just as a fabrication model. I was lucky to find a nos tube. I finally put the tube in the car and it’s fixed.