#41 55trucker

55trucker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts
  • LocationOshawa, Ontario

Posted 12 June 2018 - 01:08 PM

Try this when you get home........

pull into your driveway, shut off the engine, try to start the engine, it displays the same annoying problem again.......

remove the fuel pump relay..............it should be in the right side electrical center

disconnect the harness at the ICM (ignition control module), effectively deadening the coils so they do not fire,

now with the engine still hot try to crank the engine again,

let me know what you observe

LO6Cy24.jpg

Steve

LQ1 GP GT

#42 W30olds

W30olds

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • LocationBraselton, GA

Posted 12 June 2018 - 01:17 PM

Try this when you get home........ pull into your driveway, shut off the engine, try to start the engine, it displays the same annoying problem again....... remove the fuel pump relay..............it should be in the right side electrical center disconnect the harness at the ICM (ignition control module), effectively deadening the coils so they do not fire, now with the engine still hot try to crank the engine again, let me know what you observe

Will do sir Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
1995 GP SE, 2006 GTO

#43 cheatah faheatah

cheatah faheatah

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Location'Lil Rhody

Posted 12 June 2018 - 09:13 PM

:allears: 

#44 W30olds

W30olds

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • LocationBraselton, GA

Posted 12 June 2018 - 10:14 PM

Try this when you get home........ pull into your driveway, shut off the engine, try to start the engine, it displays the same annoying problem again....... remove the fuel pump relay..............it should be in the right side electrical center disconnect the harness at the ICM (ignition control module), effectively deadening the coils so they do not fire, now with the engine still hot try to crank the engine again, let me know what you observe

It's acting the same as it usually does. Did as you suggested. Looks like maybe the starter is the culprit! Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
1995 GP SE, 2006 GTO

#45 55trucker

55trucker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 10:27 PM

hmmm....usually as in *not normal*?

at least now you know that fuel & spark are not causing the issue.

do you have a spare battery & booster cables that you can connect to the car bypassing the current battery?

LO6Cy24.jpg

Steve

LQ1 GP GT

#46 W30olds

W30olds

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • LocationBraselton, GA

Posted 12 June 2018 - 10:32 PM

hmmm....usually as in *not normal*? at least now you know that fuel & spark are not causing the issue. do you have a spare battery & booster cables that you can connect to the car bypassing the current battery?

I do not have those items. Normal in my case has been the hot starting starter problem. I'm thinking the starter is suffering from the heat soak problem?!? Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
1995 GP SE, 2006 GTO

#47 55trucker

55trucker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 11:53 PM

Well, *my* next move would be to pull the starter & open it up to check both the armature windings & the field coils for possible issues or poor commutator brushes.

You may have a poor quality replacement starter, don't bank on GM items being all good quality, some AC Delco items are produced in Asia,

Heat Soak as suggested is a condition where the starter is exposed to exhaust manifold heat & it also is drawing so much current that it internally just cooks itself.

• W30olds likes this

LO6Cy24.jpg

Steve

LQ1 GP GT

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users