3800 L67 Series 1 swap?

Brodizzle83

I know the Series 1 is an OBD1 version, so would that be an easier swap into an earlier W-body vs a Series 2/3? I know, I'm such a noob...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The wiring, tach, and programming are definitely the hardest part of using a gen 2 or 3, but there's hardly and aftermarket for gen1, so I think it's worth the hassle. I'll be swapping a gen 3(ish) into my 84 fiero coming up this summer. I know there's people who do the wiring harnesses for fiero's, though I'm doing my own. I'm pretty savvy with wiring so as long as I can get my hands on the wiring diagrams. Probably not too different from the fiero actually. The nice part about the gen 2 and 3 is the trans, the newer computer that gives you much more info about your engine, tuning is easier, more aftermarket, better mpg per hp, easier to find a cheap one with low miles, and if you so wanted, you can wire in the camaro body control module so you can have things like delayed exit lighting, retained accessory power, and keyless entry! Hope this helps! Good luck!