Quantum 255LPH Venturi Style Fuel Pump HFP-368H

FordMan77

I'm not familiar with that, but the Walbro 255 is universal, it comes in 2 different offsets. I looked at pictures of replacement pumps for mine and just got the Walbro 255 that was the same. With a meaner pump it's a good idea to upgrade the wire that feeds them.

Yea, I've heard mixed reviews on the Walbro pumps.  I know the Racetronix ones are said to be good as well.  Might look into those too.  Just seeing what others have bought in the past and get feedback on the quality.  I want something that I can just drop in and go, not have to Frankenstein my bucket or anything.

I just ordered a Caspers hotwire kit for it last night to feed the new pump.  Stock wiring is barely good enough for the stock pump.  It's for a GTP but I can make it work with the GT wiring.

There are bootleg Walbro pumps, a real Walbro is a good bet at a good price. I had an install thread where I went over an upgrade.

Don't use bootleg fireworks though, you become a youtube hit

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

I bought one of these for my Toyota PIckup. it looked good. not sure anything more yet. engine is at machine shop. I had a walbro 255 on both of my tgps's never had a fuel feed issue. had one on my conquest and it couldn't keep up. used a bosch 044 pump on that one.

tgp- 336hp 442tq 16psi

conquest- 401hp 430tq 24psi

so it may have had an issue from it being under more pressure. a 40psi base w/ a 1-1 regulator would be 54psi on the tgp and 64psi on the conquest... just something to remember. there are flow charts somewhere.. I will see if I can find the article

the Toyota pickup is getting a  built 1uz v8 swap so I needed a new pump. but its not boosted so whatever the base pressure is that's its peak

http://www.superstreetonline.com/how-to/engine/1404-fuel-pump-shootout/