Rocker panel section

GPX

I picked up some rockers for my 95 GP sedan on eBay. The listing was for 2-doors but for some reason it said they’d fit my car. I don’t think they actually will. As long as the cross-section is the same, they’ll be of use. Do you know if they are?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the stampings are *full* stamping the sedan items will not fit the coupe & visa versa.

By *full* I mean the stamping will include the section right up to the pinch weld under the door seal weatherstripping.

• 1 month later...

Your local sheet metal shop will brake up whatever you need if you take them a profile. My local is $65/pair in 16 gauge.

Could you explain that a little more please? You've had that done? I need a rocker for the right side of my 97 Cutlass Coupe. I've seen some for sale online, and I've wondered how accurate they might be. 

Take a small piece of sheet metal and bend it to the shape you need. Make a section of rocker panel that's maybe 6" long. Take it to your local sheet metal shop and tell them you need that shape, but however long you need it. If it's contoured then still proceed but make that part flat on the sample before they get it. They can only do bends so you will rivet or weld the top and then bend the bottom in by hand to get the radius.

Take a small piece of sheet metal and bend it to the shape you need. Make a section of rocker panel that's maybe 6" long. Take it to your local sheet metal shop and tell them you need that shape, but however long you need it. If it's contoured then still proceed but make that part flat on the sample before they get it. They can only do bends so you will rivet or weld the top and then bend the bottom in by hand to get the radius.

Thanks.

New sheetmetal is coated with oil. They will need cleaned really really well with something, I prefer acetone or alcohol. Weld through primer inside if you're welding, good coating of whatever if you're using rivets.