weather stripping?

2001goldGTP

anyone know where or if there is a decent weather stripping replacement out there for the first gen 4 door cutlass? I know that the factory ones have a hole in them for a screw to help hold it in place and all i can find is one size fits most push on crap. It kills me that I cannot buy decent parts to keep my car on the road. it pisses me off to no end that I cannot buy factory parts 95% of the time.

Yeah there's another, didn't know they existed. In the old days JCW had like 2 pages in the catalog of different profiles with measurements.

https://www.steelerubber.com/

I woulda linked it like that but me no goody at interweb stuff. I'm like a 2nd grader, I know just enough to get myself in trouble...lol. Some times I feel like an ape trying to pound a round peg in a square hole, or a dog with a long stick trying to get thru a doorway....

I woulda linked it like that but me no goody at interweb stuff. I'm like a 2nd grader, I know just enough to get myself in trouble...lol. Some times I feel like an ape trying to pound a round peg in a square hole, or a dog with a long stick trying to get thru a doorway....

I'm so old I was born the same summer that we landed on the moon for the first time.....HAHAHAHAHAHAHA......Born in the Sixties by 4 months...lol.

• Like 1

I'm so old I was born the same summer that we landed on the moon for the first time.....HAHAHAHAHAHAHA......Born in the Sixties by 4 months...lol.

LOL.. I remember watching it on TV...I was 6 years old.

• Like 1

It's easy, just open the website up and cut & paste the contents of the address bar. I use Firefox with tabbed browsing.

You're probably not going to find any aftermarket weatherstrip for these cars. You may find an occasional NOS piece from old dealer stock, but your best bet is going to be a junkyard car. There is no market for the major weatherstrip companies to manufacture reproduction stuff for these cars.

You're probably not going to find any aftermarket weatherstrip for these cars. You may find an occasional NOS piece from old dealer stock, but your best bet is going to be a junkyard car. There is no market for the major weatherstrip companies to manufacture reproduction stuff for these cars.

A big x2 on all of that. Get a parts catalog scan or book, then start hunting down the weatherstrip part numbers from it. Some still might be available from one of the large "rare" parts sites or you could constantly search ebay until something shows up. I find stuff like that on there occasionally. The junkyard option might be the quickest way to source some, though a lot of it is in worse shape than what's probably on your car...though you could luck out and find something that was garaged or relatively lower mileage with nice weathstripping.

Haha, I would have been born in the next year (but in the 90's) if I would have waited more 11 days. 

It's easy, just open the website up and cut & paste the contents of the address bar. I use Firefox with tabbed browsing.

And he's not that far away from you cheatah faheatah. He remembers the oil embargoes!

A big x2 on all of that. Get a parts catalog scan or book, then start hunting down the weatherstrip part numbers from it. Some still might be available from one of the large "rare" parts sites or you could constantly search ebay until something shows up. I find stuff like that on there occasionally. The junkyard option might be the quickest way to source some, though a lot of it is in worse shape than what's probably on your car...though you could luck out and find something that was garaged or relatively lower mileage with nice weathstripping.

The funny thing is that sometimes yard cars are in better condition than the ones not there. It's funny and weird how that works out.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, I had knee surgery on the 31st from the accident I had in Nov. I bought the steele rubber universal seal. It is no the same profile as the rubber above the doors. So i spent 8 days removing, sanding the rust, repainting and re gluing the seals. I used chemical guys rubber and trim goop with a heat gun to help soften the original rubber. I used the 3M rubber sealant to stick the rubber back on and some blue shop towels to help it form in the corners. Knock on wood it works lol

I'm interested to see how it turns out!  I feel bad, if I'd known you were going to need parts, I would have held onto my 91 International sedan parts car I had.  It was totally rotted out from Wisconsin road salt but had a really nice interior and things like weather stripping etc.  By the way, what's going on with the back of the driver's seat?

ElcnAB.jpg2FYzFF.jpg40Oqm2.jpg43Kahz.jpg

I just re-read this and realized it's a first gen. I can't say for certain but I may have some. If both my cars are good I'll send the stuff off the Regal. I'll know more when it stops raining.

Those first two pictures are the original seals back in place, my after photos loaded first, odd. My seat has fallen apart, its all sorts of FUBAR. I took the back off in an attempt to fix it, i just need a new set of seats lol

The door weatherstripping I have is a little rough on both front doors, not terrible but a couple thin spots that cracked. The left rear looks good and I couldn't get the right rear door open but I assume it's in good shape. I'll upload a couple pics tonight.

Those first two pictures are the original seals back in place, my after photos loaded first, odd. My seat has fallen apart, its all sorts of FUBAR. I took the back off in an attempt to fix it, i just need a new set of seats lol

Ok, the seats in my parts car were cloth.