Another lost soul from the graveyard known as GPF

Bonerjamz03

Hey folks, looks like I'm not the only one from GPF who made his way over here. I was on there for many years though I wasn't a prolific  contributor like others were (looking at you Scottydoggs). Just glad there is still a place online for W-body owners to share knowledge and insight about our beloved rust buckets.

I've seen a few familiar usernames from over there, but to everyone else, just wanted to say hello and I look forward to contributing in any way that I can. Hopefully the influx of new people along with the original members here will make this a great forum for all. Thanks again!

• Like 3

Thanks for the welcomes everybody!!

good lord am i well known lol  glad to see you found us all. one by one we seem to be finding this place.

Lol. Dude you helped me out more times than I can remember, so I for one am glad you're here.

Get yer post count up tho, it's looking a little slim compared to your GPF account :D

• Like 1

So what the hell happened over there? I went for some tips on replacing a crank sensor and the site was suspended. Someone forget to pay the bills or is it gone for good? There was a ton of good write ups and useful info there. Hopefully it's archived somewhere.

So what the hell happened over there? I went for some tips on replacing a crank sensor and the site was suspended. Someone forget to pay the bills or is it gone for good? There was a ton of good write ups and useful info there. Hopefully it's archived somewhere.

Internal issues.

Unless it throws a code for it, or has some obvious issue, it's probably fine without it. I've done lots of CASE learns over the years trying to resolve drivability/idle issues thinking it was related to swapping a CKPS or something, but that's never the issue.

Nice. Swapping the sensor out looks easy but it was the possibility of the relearn that I was unsure about.

I'm hoping the sensor is what's causing my issue though. The car has been randomly stalling for some time now (coming to a stop mostly but once while accelerating). It would start right back up until the last two times it happened where it took a few minutes before it restarts.

• 3 weeks later...

Figured I would update this thread since I finally got around to swapping out the Crank sensor. Went pretty well and it did not throw a code afterwards, so no case relearn required. Took it out for a spirited drive (~2hrs) afterwards and no stalls or other issues. Thanks again for your help fellas!

• Like 3