ZZP L36 supercharger kit?

KnightOwl

Not really. W cars, especially the 1G cars but also the 2G/3G to an extent, are extremely prone to oversteer. 

When I had my old LE, my buddies and I used to go to housing plans that were under construction and fly around the empty streets, usually totally sideways.

• Like 1

Everyone loves the LS4 until you have to work on it.

Or put a transmission in it.

Or put a PS pump on it.

Or put a rack in it.

Or just you know, basically anything because LS in a WBody.

THE best thing ever for the GXP was corn, 3" exhaust, built tranny/gear/stall, and some tuning.

The LS4 manifold is super restrictive as well...so it's not as great as most people think.

• Like 3

Lol I'm guessing you live up north? They're everywhere in NC!

I'm in the DC area. They're around but they're hard as hell to find. I have a better shot of finding a Roy Rogers. 

Oh and here's a nice one for you... Bojangles. Everywhere in NC and the Richmond area. None in the Northern part of VA, one in DC (in the Amtrak station) and 5 or 6 of em in PG county Maryland.

Got shitloads of 7-11s though, sometimes side to side from each other. 

It would seem the only positive to an LS4 in a W-Body is it makes LQ1 W-bodies seem easy to work on in comparison.

1993-2002 Camaro (and Firebird).

I think I've said enough.

I'm in the DC area. They're around but they're hard as hell to find. I have a better shot of finding a Roy Rogers. 

Oh and here's a nice one for you... Bojangles. Everywhere in NC and the Richmond area. None in the Northern part of VA, one in DC (in the Amtrak station) and 5 or 6 of em in PG county Maryland.

Got shitloads of 7-11s though, sometimes side to side from each other. 

1993-2002 Camaro (and Firebird).

I think I've said enough.

When I started looking for an F-body, I specifically avoided the 4th generation cars for that specific reason; sticking the engine halfway under the windshield wasn't one of GM's better ideas--plus, I thought the 3rd generation cars looked nicer.

• Like 1

When I started looking for an F-body, I specifically avoided the 4th generation cars for that specific reason; sticking the engine halfway under the windshield wasn't one of GM's better ideas--plus, I thought the 3rd generation cars looked nicer.

I had the V6 and it wasn't that bad to do, but when I put short length headers, which is the only thing they make for it - I shot myself in the foot. Changing the spark plugs meant taking the headers off. Doing the LIMG on the 3800 was a PITA. There's an engine lift bracket that GM put in the BACK of the engine that blocked part of the plenum.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, after my trip to the salvage yard I definitely see the benefit a lot of you mentioned with a top swap...but for me, still a lot of work. However, having the entire engine pulled by the salvage yard is making me think. I've done some reading and it seems the Gen V blower is WAY more efficient than the M90 (I was wondering why it had such a large pulley) and correct me if I'm off base here, but swapping this eliminates the intake leak issue the L36 suffers from? Also, do I take the PCM from the 07 car? I was thinking the top swap would require a custom tune. This would indeed be much less expensive than the ZZ kit but a ton more work and tuning I know squat about. Still, doing the swap and instantly moving the L36 up to Northstar power levels plus better reliability is a good thing. And I do want it to be reliable. I may not daily drive the car but I don't want to fear taking it on a road trip either. Or maybe I just do the HV3, plug the coolant holes and call it a day. I've never owned a supercharged car so not sure how much I'd like the blower whine over the NA growl. I know that sounds childish, but its factor nonetheless.

The 07 PCM is very different from yours, you would need a PCM from an L67 car around the same year. The PCM you have could be re-programmed with a boosted tune too and that may be a better option if you were to go with a Gen V since the Gen III calibration wouldn't be quite right anyway.

You would need the heads, intake, SC, fuel rails, a new harmonic balancer, injectors, a
TB adapter to a cable throttle body and a few other things to pull it off. The 07 TB is drive by wire.

And yes, no plastic plenum means no plastic molded coolant passages to crack.

I do already have a L26 aluminum upper intake that I was going to put on the Bonneville but never did so. This is the problem with the mod bug..it starts ideas that may or may not come to pass, but they still cost $$$ LOL

I've done some reading and it seems the Gen V blower is WAY more efficient than the M90 (I was wondering why it had such a large pulley) and correct me if I'm off base here, but swapping this eliminates the intake leak issue the L36 suffers from?

The Gen V is an M90. It's the 5th generation of it. The stock pulley is the same size on all GM M90s (3.8"). All 3800s without the revised intake manifold gaskets leak. You'll need new gaskets anyway. 

Also, do I take the PCM from the 07 car? I was thinking the top swap would require a custom tune.

No. You don't need a new PCM, nor can you use the 2007 PCM. You need your current one tuned.

And I do want it to be reliable. I may not daily drive the car but I don't want to fear taking it on a road trip either. 

There's nothing unreliable about the factory supercharger setup. An L67/L32 is just as reliable as an L36/L26.

I've never owned a supercharged car so not sure how much I'd like the blower whine over the NA growl. I know that sounds childish, but its factor nonetheless.

With a stock intake, you really can't hear the blower.