Another grand prix forums former member

wstefan20

I hadn't thought about it until now but you're right. We are the only forum that's not make/model specific, we encompass the entire platform and over several generations so in reality this should be the last one standing.

Yeah, the funny thing is that there's no "Cutlass forum". There's a forum for classic olds, a forum for "G body" cars, but nothing specific to a 1988-1997 Cutlass Supreme. 

Had I never found this forum, I probably would have pissed at the Cutlass and sold it. Instead, I'm going on 5 years with it. 

Since the Impala and Regal nameplate exist on those weird named GM chassis (P2XX and etc), those forums dedicated to those nameplates are gonna end up focusing on the classic cars or the modern cars. The W bodied nameplates is gonna end up being ignored in the same way GPF couldn't help someone with a TGP or a GTP since they were focused on 6th gen GP's. You would never see a G body or A body on that forum either.

I agree. No one really knew how to help the older gen gps when anyone posted in the gpf. I'd love to own one one day. It's hard to find these in decent condition due to the salt here though. I'd love to learn more about the first gen 3800s. I'm sure they have plenty of untapped potential. 

They came supercharged as well, with the same RPO code that the S2 has, but are hard to find. They were only offered in the Park Ave, Olds, 88, 98, and Bonneville (primarily the SSEI) from 91-95. The Riviera had it for one year (1995) before the switch to S2.

As far as W's went, only the Buick Regal had a 3800 optional. 1st gen W's were 60 degree V6 only with the somewhat infamous LQ1 being the alternative to the L27 the Regal offered.

Certainly depends on where you are.. I looked around the GA/AL/TN/NC/SC/FL area for ages and never found a worthwhile aside from my '89 Cutlass.

Depends on the model level you're looking for I guess. I would personally consider a low optioned car that's in excellent shape at a good price vs. a higher optioned car around the same price that's in bad shape. All the 1st Gen GTP's I've seen lately for sale have typically been trashed. The granny base w-bodies on the other hand, some of those are still in garages with low miles on them with excellent paint and interiors. Having good paint alone is a big factor I would look for because farming out a paint job is expensive these days, especially a decent one that will last.

If I were looking for a higher optioned car in the South at the moment, I would be looking at this by the way: http://www.w-body.com/topic/55964-1990-tgp-64k-yes-it-one-of-mine/

I just can't buy a base/low-end 1G car at this point. It's not 2003 anymore where I can go to the junkyard and turn a base LE into a GTP.  There are simply no parts left, and I couldn't deal with being stuck with shitty seats, base interiors, FE1 suspension, etc.  If I really wanted a nice 1G I'd just keep holding out for something like a mint TGP or GTP.

I just can't buy a base/low-end 1G car at this point. It's not 2003 anymore where I can go to the junkyard and turn a base LE into a GTP. There are simply no parts left, and I couldn't deal with being stuck with shitty seats, base interiors, FE1 suspension, etc. If I really wanted a nice 1G I'd just keep holding out for something like a mint TGP or GTP.

I've seen loads of all w- bodies of this vintage in the junkyards near me. I go almost every weekend. Last forum I had an open request thread and picked up quite a bit of stuff for people. Let me know if anyone needs anything!

Except what I needed lol! :)

Haha ooh hey dark! I should have guessed you'd be here! Crud! I found the piece you needed yesterday but didn't know how to reach you because of the gpf going down! If you still need it, I'll check to see if it's still there in a few days! Lol

Yeah, I've been here for years, long before I was on gpf. I went by Mitch R on gpf. I am still looking for those gp center console inserts, so if you find some in good shape let me know.

I've seen loads of all w- bodies of this vintage in the junkyards near me. I go almost every weekend. Last forum I had an open request thread and picked up quite a bit of stuff for people. Let me know if anyone needs anything!

Things must be a lot different in Missouri. There were 1 or 2 1G W-cars MAX at the junkyards in Atlanta. Even fewer here in Pittsburgh.

Things must be a lot different in Missouri. There were 1 or 2 1G W-cars MAX at the junkyards in Atlanta. Even fewer here in Pittsburgh.

Yup. If I'm not mistaken, I think the 87-96 gps were actually produced in Kansas City Missouri (about 5 minutes from where I live...) :)

Fairfax assembly to be exact

haha good to know! Well then, exactly 24 minutes from where I live! Not sure if it's the same plant as the old one, but my next door neighbor actually works at that plant assembling the interior and mainly seats for gm!

I'd love to have Scotty, FFDP, and the others over here. Maybe someone can point them in this direction.

i found you guys. 

the chat work here? see a link for one but its dead for me. 

i found you guys.

the chat work here? see a link for one but its dead for me.

Scotty! Nice to see ya again man. I've been trying to get on regalgs but apparently the admin didn't want to add new members. You should totally bring over ItHurtz!

Haven't tried the chat, but I'm sure someone on here can shed some light. Glad you made it!

Scotty! Nice to see ya again man. I've been trying to get on regalgs but apparently the admin didn't want to add new members. You should totally bring over ItHurtz!

Haven't tried the chat, but I'm sure someone on here can shed some light. Glad you made it!

rgs has like one mod, sometimes its slow to get authorized, once that happens the chat box opens up. 

Still trying to piece together who's who. Is this "blueguy91" on gpf by chance?

And yeah. It was a bit abrupt though. I had several people I was in the middle of transactions with too.... Oh well...

Hey we got the transaction ( wheel bearings) done! Great doing business with you!

Hey we got the transaction ( wheel bearings) done! Great doing business with you!

Haha hey yodawg! Glad everything turned out good! It's awesome to see everyone migrating over

Don't know why I'm still holding any hope, but it's 12/13/17 now and the grand prix forums is still up even though the domain was set to expire yesterday. Maybe it's too soon, but who knows? Maybe they're backing things up for a takeover? Probably just hopeful thinking.