Sad reason to join!

TomOfTarsus

Hi all!

I discovered this forum while poking around at grandprixforums.net.  Unfortunately the original owner over there passed away and his wife and family do not seem to be able to keep up with it like they used to.  It was a great help over the years; when I had to replace the blower motor resistor for the ventilation system, for instance, there was a thread, pictures and all.

In January, 2003, I bought a nice blue-black metallic Pontiac GTP Limited Edition.  I tried to keep it nice over the years but it was my daily driver, and the commute kept getting longer and life just kept me from really looking after things like to rocker panels.  Anyway, this is a nice parts/project car - I'll detail it over in the appropriate thread, with pictures.  I'm an older guy (62 in November), mechanical engineer (which means I've nearly forgotten how to use tools :roll: ), and I drove it more for efficiency than speed.  Hope somebody here can give it a new life.

Thanks all!

I hope I'm understanding you correct, but I gather that a) the gp forums owner died, b)you bought a car in 03 and have been maintaining it, c) you're selling it, or you're hoping we can help? At any rate, welcome!

I hope I'm understanding you correct, but I gather that a) the gp forums owner died, b)you bought a car in 03 and have been maintaining it, c) you're selling it, or you're hoping we can help? At any rate, welcome!

Looks like “C†was the correct answer...

http://www.w-body.com/topic/56016-2003-grand-prix-gtp-limited-edition-pittsburgh-area-1-owner/?do=findComment&comment=1246172

Edited by Galaxie500XL

Psych0matt: Ha!  All three, but the bottom line is my poor GTP is for sale.  I took it for a very short spin today and didn't have any problems, so apparently it is the lock up or overdrive.  Anyway, I'll go post some more pictures.

That other forum was really nice, like I said, you could find out just about anything you needed to.  Thanks all for the welcome!