22 replies to this topic

#21 jman093

jman093

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,859 posts
  • LocationWichita

Posted 26 September 2017 - 03:57 AM

I 100% recommend Saar's services. Is the one thing in my TGP that actually works right now.

Ditto. All 3 of mine were bad. All 3 were repaired by Saar. While you have the cluster out 4G63, sand off the paint from behind the Intercooled Turbo script on the cluster face and install the missing bulb behind it. Looks nice at night lit up.

Jesse M.

Variety is the Spice of Life:

-1990 Turbo Grand Prix - Black

-1990 Turbo Grand Prix - Red

-1990 Turbo Grand Prix - Red

#22 RobertISaar

RobertISaar

Executive Member

• Contributing Member
  • 10,059 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 12:20 AM

Do you fix these,saar?

better than new.

After a while you'll learn to assume he not only fixed whatever it is but studied it in the process and now knows more about it than it's creator.

figuring out just what driver is used on these clusters for the speedo and tach took hours, if not days of scanning through period-correct datasheets, matching up sample circuits, eventually finding a match, finding superseded versions, finding superseded versions to those, repeat a couple more times, finally find parts that are actually still available, buy a stock of them for the inevitable failure of them in the future....

then repeat the process for the odometer driver.

and then the IC that controls the check gauges and low fuel lights(that one was a lucky guess though and took a whole 5 minutes).  and for  the TGP specific clusters, the IC that runs the boost gauge(another fairly lucky  break).

then mapping out every single component on all of the PCB revisions I've come across, determining and assigning a  function for  the more critical ones.... I mean, I might  know a thing or two about  them. I've got spreadsheets, images and text documents that are all generated from  my work that an electronic repair shop would have had to pay $$$$ for  back when these were  relevant.

• Imp558 likes this

uZjPk.gifBaron of 6811uZjPk.gif

1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E... for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!NewSig.png524652.png  

#23 Imp558

Imp558

Proud TransCelestialsexual

• Contributing Member
  • 3,465 posts
  • LocationErie PA.

Posted 02 October 2017 - 01:03 AM

..... and that's an affirmative to what I said before.

Banner.jpg

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough"  - Mario Andretti

1996 Regal L67/4T65E-HD swapped

1980 Dodge Sno-Commander

1984 Dodge Prospector

1968 Empi Imp on '67 Pan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users