5 replies to this topic

#1 cutty collector

cutty collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • Locationsw Ontario Canada

Posted 08 September 2017 - 01:23 PM

been looking for some replacement carpeting for my 93 vert .Nobody sells a carpet for these what is the difference between a 2 dr coupe and a convertible carpet can it be made to work and if so where is the best place to buy

#2 MemphisMan

MemphisMan

• Contributing Member
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 02:43 PM

I've been wondering about this too. I would think that the coupe carpet would work seeing as how they started off as coupes. Maybe the carpet was changed when they went to get converted, but I doubt it. I don't know for sure though.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] A veteran is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of 'up to and including' their life.

#3 Imp558

Imp558

Proud TransCelestialsexual

• Contributing Member
  • 3,465 posts
  • LocationErie PA.

Posted 08 September 2017 - 03:59 PM

Rockauto lists it. They say 2 & 4dr, exc convertible. I can't imagine why a 2dr shell would be any different unless there was additional bracing or something. Perhaps it isn't in the fit but in the material? Mold resistant or more sound deadening?

Banner.jpg

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough"  - Mario Andretti

1996 Regal L67/4T65E-HD swapped

1980 Dodge Sno-Commander

1984 Dodge Prospector

1968 Empi Imp on '67 Pan

#4 rich_e777

rich_e777

Interweb SortAScrub

• Contributing Member
  • 2,030 posts
  • LocationNashville,TN

Posted 08 September 2017 - 04:08 PM

Just from removing my coupe carpeting I think it has a different shape around the back seating area. The coupe carpet runs underneath the rear seats and sort of goes into the trunk area. The on the vert the carpet shape would have to be different in that area because of the top. Coupe carpeting should be roughly the same shape but you might have to trim up the rear portion of it.

• Nas Escobar likes this

#5 cutty collector

cutty collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • Locationsw Ontario Canada

Posted 14 September 2017 - 12:40 PM

I suppose I will have to contact the manufacturer if its too big due to going under the seat you would think it would be trim to fit?

#6 rich_e777

rich_e777

Interweb SortAScrub

• Contributing Member
  • 2,030 posts
  • LocationNashville,TN

Posted 14 September 2017 - 01:02 PM

The only difference between the coupe and the convertible interior was the addition of a top. Because of where the top sits the coupe carpet cannot pass through into the trunk. If that squared section was trimmed off under the rear seats to me it would fit the convertible. Ive got a coupe and Vert and both could use some new carpet so I`ll probably be doing the same job soon.

Seat belt holes are in the same place, same brass clips holding the carpet around rocker panel area, center consoles are interchangeable between older style trim and the 1995 re design, and several members have swapped from a rear bench seat to the dual bucket setup and Ive never read a fitment issue. My scientific wild ass guess is yes a coupe carpet can be trimmed to fit a convertible. Good luck getting the seats out, you really want to triple check the star bit socket is indeed the correct size for the seats mounting bolts, other than that its remotely easy by yourself.

Edited by rich_e777, 14 September 2017 - 01:03 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users