Hello, another new guy.. don't have a W.... yet!

Sonic R

Hello, yep, I'm another new guy, figured I'd introduce myself...

I love Oldsmobiles and I am currently in search of a W Cutlass Supreme...

I currently have a 1993 98 Touring Sedan and a 1988 Cutlass Calais International, and I really want a Cutlass Supreme coupe (or maybe a convertible)

What I really want is a 90-92 Cutlass Supreme with a 5-speed... yes, I know it's a tough task, essentially hunting a unicorn with hens teeth!

well, I've been lurking for a bit now, learning some things about these cars, and look forward to adding a W to my Oldsmobile fleet!

• Like 1

Thank you for the welcome!

Though I really want a 5-speed Cutlass, I've warmed up to the idea of a Cutlass convertible too.. so odds are, I may very likely have a w-body before too long...

I just test drove a 93 convertible the other day.. it has the LQ1 3.4, and it's not bad, and I really enjoyed the top down driving!

Where are you located? There's a guy on this forum who installed a 5 speed in his Cutlass convertible so it's possible to have the best of both worlds.

• Like 1

Where are you located? There's a guy on this forum who installed a 5 speed in his Cutlass convertible so it's possible to have the best of both worlds.

I'm in the Detroit area ..

it would definitely be nice to have 5-speed convertible... hell right now I'd be happy with just about any Cutlass

Welcome! 

Any pictures of the other cars you have?

A convertible, at this point will probably be the easiest to find in nice shape, honestly. All the regular Sedans and Coupes got rammed into the ground. 

My unicorn is a 90' Cutlass Supreme International 2.3HO/5 speed. Then I can finally say I did all I ever wanted to with W platform.

• Like 2

well guys, I'm very close to finally getting myself a Cutlass Supreme convertible!

I've narrowed it down to two finalists... by Monday, I should finally have a W-body!

Welcome! 

Any pictures of the other cars you have?

A convertible, at this point will probably be the easiest to find in nice shape, honestly. All the regular Sedans and Coupes got rammed into the ground. 

My unicorn is a 90' Cutlass Supreme International 2.3HO/5 speed. Then I can finally say I did all I ever wanted to with W platform.

If your still in the market for your unicorn, a guy in WI may have one.  It's from 2016 so I don't know if he sold it - he posted it on CL.  1990 International coupe with the Quad4, I assume that all the coupes were manuals but not sure.  It's white with grey interior with the pie alloys.  Car was really dirty (like my International was) and sat outside under pine trees for a long time.  I have his name and number if you want to pursue it.

Here's my current Oldsmobile collection

1988 Cutlass Calais International Series (Quad 4 LD2)

1993 Ninety Eight Touring Sedan (3800 L67)

ybDW4w.jpg

Very nice!  I'm a International fan no matter what the model.

Congrats on your w-body purchase! Tell us more about the car. We can see it's a 94 with LQ1. How many miles? Any known issues with it? It looks great.