Pic Request - coolant temp. sensor

Scarecrow

Im putting this car back together and I can't seem to locate any harness connectors to plug the sensor into. It's the one that goes into the head, so is there anyone willing to get me a pic(s) of yours in hopes I can find mine?

Mines a 93 Cutlass supreme 3.4

Thanks in advance for the help.

I take it that you're referring to the gauge cluster sending unit? the CTS for the ECM is located on the bottomside of the plenum just under the throttle body. THAT sensor harness ALSO supplies the IAC, the EGR & the TPS.

The gauge cluster sensor sub harness is part the larger harness that is fed around the front side of the trans, the major harness runs over the top of the vacuum modulator. One has to remove the crossover (assuming that you have this removed already) to see the sensor screwed into the head and it's 5" long conductor that connects to the harness.

and.....

Welcome to the party.

The one for the gauge is what is MIA.

The harness by the trans doesn't have any missing spots that need filled that I can see.

Thanks for the invite lol

Do you have the exhaust crossover removed?

with that removed one can see the sensor & the connector on the end of the conductor.......the *other* harness connector is a female that is the opposite of the sensor *male* connector.

When you say the car was vandalized....... did this include destroying the various engine bay harnesses?

1T1046__ra_p.jpg

The female is the missing link.

As far has things that was taken/damaged, as of now I have not seen any broke wires.

But, with me still looking for what I know was there when I started this project I'm worried it was jerked on when the plastic lines, tools, engine parts, etc was removed from under the hood.