Plugging leaking tire ... more then once

98gpgt

I plugged a tire it held for a while now leaking from that very same spot. It was a weirdo, bent nail went in sideways kind of not strait in. Would reaming it out and putting another plug in help possibly?

You have to take it to a tire shop so they can put a patch inside the tire. Making the hole bigger won't help you in this situation because those plugs only come in one size. A patch inside the tire would cover the whole hole. They look like this.

Tire-Patch-or-Tire-Plug.jpg

Agreed, you need to have it properly patched. The plugs are really only meant to be temporary at best. Not saying I haven't used them as a "permanent" fix, but that's not the right way to do things.

I've had to do 2 plugs in the same hole before, Just sayin. Really have to decide if a patch is worth it based on age and condition, also wether it's a matched set.

We use a plug/patch in one at work. Drill out the "wound" to appropriate size, clean, apply vulcanizing cement, feed plug patch throug pull tight, use that little wheel pressure thing to get it applied fully coat with repair sealer and done. Costs like 20 dollars and ive never had one fail. Only catch is can be at too much of an angle and can't be too close to the sidewall. Ptch has to be flat

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk