Found a 94 Vert for sale...

cdn_olds_94

My son who's a mechanic told me about a 1994 Cutlass Supreme Convertible for sale in our area. The car runs well, but has not been licenced for the road since 2015. It has a 3.1L  with an automatic, It also has been stored in a heated barn each winter since new. The owner has all the service bills since new and had the top replaced 3 years ago.The owner is asking $4500 as is. I think that the price is a little to high for a car that has not been driven for 2 years.

keep in mind guys that this a Canadian car, Toronto pricing.......

from a completely bias personal point of view.......if the owner is not willing to get the car certified, emission tested & pay for a value appraisal I won't go near it.

I take this approach only because the Liberal gov here has done this to us, any vehicle more than 20 years old here has to be appraised before the MTO will transfer the ownership. This is their way of taxing us ($50) on older vehicles that they want a further profit on at the time of sale on top of the already to high sales tax they take.

Before July 2010 the sales tax was just the provincial 8%, now it is 13% because our tax here is *harmonized* with the federal tax. But what you are NOT told is that the provincial gov keeps the entire 13%.

When the time comes that I sell our car I have to go thru this same BS to sell our car within this province.

What's the old saying, "you don't drive the purchase price, you drive the car" or something like that?   Don't buy (or lose) an old rare car because of a few hundred dollars of price negotiation, taxes, or insurance.  Choose the color and options you really want, and shop around the entire country until you find it.   Don't buy a car just because it's local. The pain of buying a car from far away is quickly over with (if you got a good PPI!).   The pain of owning a car you don't really love lasts a long time.   

A few years ago I decided I wanted a red/black/black 95 vert with the 3100 and rear bench for my daily driving and three kids.    It took me many months to find, and it was in another state.  I had to pay 20% of the purchase price for shipping, but I'm thankful every day that I didn't settle for the local verts for sale at the time.  

I was looking for a car that I could use as a parts donor. But this car is to good to be used as such. I might offer him $2500 and see what he says. But I'll still be looking for a donor car.

here's one in Hamilton, posted May 22nd, it's not a vert, but it has the DOHC

$1200

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/hamilton/1994-cutlass-supreme-2-dr-coupe-3-4-doc-strong-runner/1266268393?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

here's another one in Peterborough, it is a vert & it has the DOHC $2000

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/city-of-toronto/200-000/1265405304?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true