Wheel Interchangeability

stuhrling

Would the wheels from a 2000 Grand Prix #6527 fit a 2002 Intrigue? Size appears to be the same 16 x 6.5 as well as bolt pattern 5 x 115mm. I do not know about the offsets though or the center hub size (see yellow line).

post-10651-0-42692100-1497852183_thumb.jpg

Yes they do. 75% of GM FWD wheels interchange with each other. The sole exception is  2G W wheels (97-05) can't go on a 1G W (88-96/97 for the Cutlass Supreme, 95-01 for the Lumina) without spacers. The reverse however, works fine (1G wheel on a 2G). 1G W's have a weird offset that's closer to an RWD one than a FWD one to accommodate the front brake caliper. Everything else usually works. You could put Cadillac wheels if you wanted to on your Intrigue and it works fine. I actually have an RWD STS spare that I use on my 94 Cutlass since I have 19" wheels on it. The spare is 17" but is the same height as my 19"s. The only catch is that I can't put it on the front because the Sigma cars use the same offset as the FWD cars, so it won't clear the caliper bracket on the front. 

Thanks to all for your help! It is much appreciated!

Now that I know the wheels will work I need to find the proper center caps. This is a bit difficult to sort out as there are so many similar looking caps but they are slightly different sizes apparently. From what I found it looks like the GM #PA6 might possibly be the proper cap for this wheel 1997-2000. Anyone know anything about what caps fit and which do not?

post-10651-0-18547500-1497933725_thumb.jpg

Should fit. Pretty much all the small center w body center caps interchange. In fact I had a center cap from a 92 lumina on an 07 gp gt 17" spare wheel I had

• 2 weeks later...

Another thought. I currently have 16 x 6.5 wheels and 225/60R16 tires on the 02 Intrigue.  Would 16 x 7 wheels fit the Intrigue? And would this tire size 1225/60R16 fit the 16 x 7 wheels?

Appreciate the help very much!