Rusty Rocker Panels

Mark 1997 Cutlass Coupe

I just found out that, along with the rust on the right rear suspension mount, that my right side rocker panel is rusty under the cladding on my 97 Cutlass Coupe. There is a place in Cleveland called Mill Supply, and they sell aftermarket rust repair parts. They list full rocker panels for my car for only $61.00 each. Their website says they are out of stock for the next 10 days, and its Sunday, so I can't call. Has anyone ever dealt with them? It seems too good to be true. Check out their website-they have rust repair panels for hundreds of cars, and lots of W body stuff. 

It's 65 a pair from a shop here. one thing you have to remember is that a sheet metal shop gets bulk sheet metal that is bare with oil on it. If you don't clean it with a good solvent any paint that you put on it will fall right off a year later. I had that happen to my car so I'm speaking from first-hand experience. also if there is a radius in your rocker panel they probably cannot reproduce it properly. If you take a piece of your own sheet metal maybe 6 inches long with a profile that you want bent into it they'll be able to do it so just leave the radius straight on your template piece and bend it in on the car. I ran into that one too and had a horn on the front and back to contend with that did not match the radius on the front fender or the back by the wheel well.

Edited by Imp558

actually since you have rocker covers you could just buy enough sheet metal to do it and make your own brake with a couple of two-by-fours and a bunch of clamps. theoretically the top would be hidden under a good Sill so nothing should show

• 7 months later...

I just had mine done both sides. I need to find a door sill for the driver's side it is a 2002 GT Coupe. Anyone know where to find it?

Paging Luke = Chi2000GTP ?????